News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ZenDrive

Started by irmcdermott, February 21, 2013, 02:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

It's been a while since I've posted a Build Report, so here it goes. It's a ZenDrive clone done for a friend. Used the AD712 chip in this one. Sounds really good. As usual, I wish the guts/wiring was cleaner, but I'll get there someday.

He asked that I install the Cusack TBS-2 into this. First time using one of those. It's nice.

White LEDs are my new favorite and I'm probably going to start putting them into everything that I build :)

Hopefully I'll be finishing up another one tonight/tomorrow and can post that as well.

hammerheadmusicman

This looks sweet! Guts look good, i wouldn't worry too much ;)

A friend asked me to build him a zen drive today actually, bizarrely enough! was gonna have a go at cramming one in a 1590A. you wouldn't happen to have an eagle file for this would you? Or is it the serendipity layout?

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

Bret608

This looks awesome--I recently did my first pedal with the granny smith sparkle and love it. I also love the white LEDs. I used on my Cosmo, but now I realize they look great with the granny smith too.

irmcdermott

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on February 21, 2013, 02:22:12 PM
A friend asked me to build him a zen drive today actually, bizarrely enough! was gonna have a go at cramming one in a 1590A. you wouldn't happen to have an eagle file for this would you? Or is it the serendipity layout?

Thanks! This is my own layout. I don't think it would fit in a 1590A though.

Quote from: Bret608 on February 21, 2013, 02:22:32 PM
This looks awesome--I recently did my first pedal with the granny smith sparkle and love it. I also love the white LEDs. I used on my Cosmo, but now I realize they look great with the granny smith too.

Yeah, Granny Smith Sparkle is a great color. Thanks for the kind words!

Ian

hammerheadmusicman

would it be possible to have a copy of the eagle file, i could try giving the layout a re-jiggle?

George

irmcdermott

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on February 21, 2013, 02:35:03 PM
would it be possible to have a copy of the eagle file, i could try giving the layout a re-jiggle?

George

Just don't start a boutique empire with it  ;)

hammerheadmusicman

Haha, when i've given it a juggle, if i can make it A worthy, do you want it sending back?

thanks very much, really appreciate it :)

midwayfair

George

I have a 1590 perfboard layout if you want it. It's in the perfboard library. It could pretty easily be converted to an etch.

Grind Customs has a Zen board that fits in a 1590A, too. He's posted a couple build reports with them. E-mail him and see if he'll part with one.

hammerheadmusicman

How would you convert the perf in to an etch?

eldanko

I use the Cusack boards in a lot of my stuff. They're great! I've only done one or two of the ones that are attached to the switch like that... I think it's actually easier to fit the separated ones in tight spaces.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

irmcdermott

Quote from: eldanko on February 22, 2013, 06:12:51 AM
I use the Cusack boards in a lot of my stuff. They're great! I've only done one or two of the ones that are attached to the switch like that... I think it's actually easier to fit the separated ones in tight spaces.

Yeah, I think it would be way easier to use the separate board. The friend inbuilt this for already had this one and sent it to me to include in this build. They are great.

fish22

Man, I like that a lot.
love the color and the graphics are really clean and well executed.
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

ch1naski

Quote from: midwayfair on February 21, 2013, 04:09:04 PM

George

I have a 1590 perfboard layout if you want it. It's in the perfboard library. It could pretty easily be converted to an etch.

Grind Customs has a Zen board that fits in a 1590A, too. He's posted a couple build reports with them. E-mail him and see if he'll part with one.
Perf board library? Do tell.......:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.