News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One with Demo (first etch)

Started by pryde, April 18, 2013, 03:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

OK finally here is a Harbinger One fresh off the bench. After much troubleshooting with voltage problems it is complete and sounds just fantastic. I powered with 9v and used the filter pcb with 220uf caps (omit and jump R54 if doing this). I made a reflective sheild for the lamp/photocells with an armor-all plastic cap and it fits perfect.

Also the first pics did not have the yellow pulse LED but I went back in and installed it after I got the voltages figured out (thanks Madbean for the help) The pulse LED works great. There is a closeup photo of it as well.

This is also my first enclosure etch! I think it turned out great. I did practice a little on some scrap aluminum to get the timing/technique down. I used a samsung printer with HP presentation paper and it worked perfect. This one is for a local musician who is going to be stoked. I will build my own soon.

Demo at bottom

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jpparlier/univibe[/soundcloud]

madbean

There are some demos you hear where you think yeah, that's cool, and then there are the rare ones that you don't want to stop. I think you know which category yours is in Pryde. Fantastic work and playing! I'm very proud of you!

gingataff

awesome etch!

I'm jealous of the guy getting that.
fortunately I got my pcb in the post today ;D

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

G.G.

that part from 3:12 is beautiful. Excellent work!!

whitebread47

Excellent build, sir!  I too very much enjoyed your demo.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

billstein

Great demo and great etch. I'm about to try my first etch, any hints you can throw my way would be appreciated.

jprizz

selfdestroyer

That Etch! Man that makes me want to run home from work and give it another try. That came out great. Mind giving some details of your process?

jimilee

That's so awesome. I need to learn to etch
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jubal81

Spot on! Beautiful work and some great guitar playing. You got talent, sir.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Liustucru

Great build and great demo.

Congratulations  ;)

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pickdropper

That is a great etch, particularly a first etch!  Great execution.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Parra

this is just awesome, the pedal and also the sound demo.

JakeFuzz

That is so sick! Excellent sound and etching.