News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another MiniTaur

Started by pickdropper, April 27, 2013, 11:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I haven't been building as much lately, but somebody I know asked me to build him a mini Klon.  I used one of Jim's awesome little PCBs. 

As always, I really dig the copper colored enclosures from PPP.  They look great with silver colored hardware, IMHO.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

soldersqueeze

So clean... I'm always envious of your stuff!!

wolfingsworth

Gorgeous as always! I agree about the color scheme. That graphic is by far my favorite of all the Centaur artwork I've seen btw.

alanp

I dunno, I quite like Juansolo's stock klon art, with the centaur stallion trying to be a suave cassanova with the pretty centaur mare :)

Clean as always! Everything is getting very clean around here, first rats nest will probably be when I post my next build ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

atreidesheir

PPP should give you an endorsement deal.
makin their stuff look good.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

wgc

Love it!  I'm a big fan of the copper too.  Also think the way you did the labels is clever, it can be hard to keep the tight to the knobs without some painstaking alignment and testing in the laser.

I've got one of these nice pcbs too @ about 80% complete, keep forgetting to order some of the less common resistors... ::)

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

fendman

Dave, that is just so good :)

Mike

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GhostofJohnToad

Nice!  Where do you get those knobs?  I've seen those on skreddy pedals but never knew where to get them.

nzCdog

Stomptown

Beautiful build! I love the graphic and orientation of the labels. I'm working on a build with a brushed copper PPP enclosure and it looks amazing! The quality is way better than the other suppliers I've used...

pickdropper

Quote from: atreidesheir on April 27, 2013, 03:55:24 PM
PPP should give you an endorsement deal.
makin their stuff look good.

Thanks, Man.  I'll just be happy if they get the printing right on the enclosures I ordered.  There was a lot of back and forth with file format, so I'm crossing my fingers.  Very cool people, though.  I really like dealing with them.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on April 27, 2013, 04:47:12 PM
Nice!  Where do you get those knobs?  I've seen those on skreddy pedals but never knew where to get them.

I get them from Small Bear.  You can find them here:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=110

I love these knobs.  I use them almost exclusively on mini builds (and some larger ones as well).  They are a bit more expensive than plastic, but look MUCH better, IMHO.
Function f(x)