News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nautilus, Minimuff, wahs, green bean

Started by octa805, May 02, 2013, 08:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octa805

ooh, that would have been a good idea but I did not. Just standard blue.

I've never seen a 3mm tri-color LED?

Stomptown

Quote from: octa805 on May 03, 2013, 09:41:33 AM
ooh, that would have been a good idea but I did not. Just standard blue.

I've never seen a 3mm tri-color LED?

I haven't seem them either. I didn't realize that the lighted pots used 3mm. Makes sense though...

octa805

just looked. 3mm multi-colors do exist but they wouldn't match w/ the daughter boards I had cause of the extra legs anyways

ch1naski

Quote from: Stomptown on May 03, 2013, 08:53:41 AM
Quote from: ch1naski on May 03, 2013, 08:43:19 AM
Quote from: Stomptown on May 02, 2013, 09:25:44 PM
Wow man, you've been busy! Those wah's look amazing I Love all of the lighted pots. I'm guessing you got in on that group buy.  Great artwork on the face melter and Nautilus as well. I'm stoked to see someone use my Nautilus daughter board! Did you etch that yourself? Looks great either way! I worked out a double-sided layout for the daughter board but I'm not sure if I will get them fabbed or not. I initially thought I would pull the etched board out of my build and replace it but I don't think its worth the time...
daughter board?

If you look at the 3P4T there is a PCB  for wiring 2 tri-colored LED's (or one if that's all you want) and it also keeps wiring nice and clean instead of a rats nest. I put a build doc/layout for it in the mods forum. Is this an incorrect use of the term daughter board?
Lol, no, not an incorrect use of the term. :)
I just wanted more info on the board. I'm interested in it. Great idea.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

jimilee

Great builds! I love the creative use of LED's. I bet your pedal board is blinding for sure!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

aballen

Wow man, that is a lot of nice work. 

Can I ask you how you got the soul inductor in there, mine seems to be a bit too tall to put the lid back on my wah.

octa805

Quote from: aballen on May 04, 2013, 05:15:14 AM
Wow man, that is a lot of nice work. 

Can I ask you how you got the soul inductor in there, mine seems to be a bit too tall to put the lid back on my wah.

I clipped the legs of it that were nonessential so I could get it closer  the board. Has to gently force it on and splay the legs a bit to make it fit. Just be gentle and take your time

mshuptar

Wow! I like the blue & white wah shell - it looks really sharp!

ch1naski

Glad to finally see the weener finished

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

gingataff

Nice builds!
Got any demos of the wahs?

octa805

This is the whipple

http://youtu.be/2KOZ7dDIRQE

And the sabadius

http://youtu.be/oe3W5_ykANQ

Crappy playing but man, they sound almost identical to me

rullywowr

Nice builds!  Really makes me want to get on that Weener...err start that wah build that is.   :D

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Effectsiation

For some reason the one with the whipple sounds super bassy. That's not been my general experience with them. It should sound much closer to your sabbadius clip in my opinion, unless you modded it for more bass?