News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nautilus, Minimuff, wahs, green bean

Started by octa805, May 02, 2013, 08:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octa805

Hi All!

Built some pedals for a friend and a few for me. Been a nice building season for me as of late so I thought I'd share a bit. Hope you like it!

Pair of weeners (aka crossed swords!) Enclosures from mammoth. Painted the red guy myself. Thank you ductaperiot for the lit pot boards! I also added 2 red LEDs on the red wah under the foot pedal for some extra glow. I like it. Also have a 2 color red/blue LED to indicate the fun little toggle switch-a-roo. Built with lots of love and help from JakeFuzz as well. Red has a whipple, white has a Sabadius. Both sound DEEP and awesome. Can't do wrong. Red still has some scratch I can't get rid of but my try a new pot.

GUTS!!!!!!! Spaghetti monsters

Minimuff (Robofuzz) thanks pickdropper! & Green bean (Facemelter) Both in glow in the dark paint. Tried to capture it in the last pic but doesn't do it justice. They glow like crazy. I love the minimuff. Green bean is for my buddy and I know it'll be perfect for him

Who says you can't socket trannies on a minimuff! In your face reality!
Also, who says you can't fry the crap out of a green bean switch pulling it out and still have it barely work! yea!

Nautilus. Easily my best looking build to date. Total stylebiter here. I ripped off the graphic I believe from someone else on here and I stole the 3 color switching LED from stomptown (thank you!) and thanks haberdasher for making it for me! My innovation was to invert the LED and have it poke through the light plate. Flashes up big as life. Just great. Still figuring this beast out but love it.

Stomptown

Wow man, you've been busy! Those wah's look amazing I Love all of the lighted pots. I'm guessing you got in on that group buy.  Great artwork on the face melter and Nautilus as well. I'm stoked to see someone use my Nautilus daughter board! Did you etch that yourself? Looks great either way! I worked out a double-sided layout for the daughter board but I'm not sure if I will get them fabbed or not. I initially thought I would pull the etched board out of my build and replace it but I don't think its worth the time...

octa805

Thanks for making that board! Haberdasher etched it for me. It works perfectly and not a bad fit with careful drilling.

pickdropper

Great looking builds, Octa.  There's a lot going on there.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

JakeFuzz

Great looking wah's! I really like that red one and the lightshow on it. Glad you got that thing working and it sounds good!

soldersqueeze

Quote from: octa805 on May 02, 2013, 08:55:23 PM

In your face reality!

This is a good mantra for pedal-building :D All these look great, congrats!

Rockhorst

@Octa: great looking builds :o That great wave image is a popular one for pedals hehe. It comes up every now and then (I have a Rebote with that image).

I love that white wah! Where did you get the colored wah treads?

angrykoko

wow!  They all look great but that minimuff is my favorite.  and in glow in the dark paint too!!

Nice job!
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Haberdasher

good looking builds, all
really nice work!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

fendman

octa805

Quote from: Rockhorst on May 03, 2013, 01:33:53 AM
@Octa: great looking builds :o That great wave image is a popular one for pedals hehe. It comes up every now and then (I have a Rebote with that image).

I love that white wah! Where did you get the colored wah treads?

Got the shells & colored wah treads from mammoth. They have a ton of selection now. Only bummer is putting the pin in. I managed to smash paint a bit on both of them and had to do some touch up

ch1naski

Quote from: Stomptown on May 02, 2013, 09:25:44 PM
Wow man, you've been busy! Those wah's look amazing I Love all of the lighted pots. I'm guessing you got in on that group buy.  Great artwork on the face melter and Nautilus as well. I'm stoked to see someone use my Nautilus daughter board! Did you etch that yourself? Looks great either way! I worked out a double-sided layout for the daughter board but I'm not sure if I will get them fabbed or not. I initially thought I would pull the etched board out of my build and replace it but I don't think its worth the time...
daughter board?
one louder.

Stomptown

Quote from: ch1naski on May 03, 2013, 08:43:19 AM
Quote from: Stomptown on May 02, 2013, 09:25:44 PM
Wow man, you've been busy! Those wah's look amazing I Love all of the lighted pots. I'm guessing you got in on that group buy.  Great artwork on the face melter and Nautilus as well. I'm stoked to see someone use my Nautilus daughter board! Did you etch that yourself? Looks great either way! I worked out a double-sided layout for the daughter board but I'm not sure if I will get them fabbed or not. I initially thought I would pull the etched board out of my build and replace it but I don't think its worth the time...
daughter board?

If you look at the 3P4T there is a PCB  for wiring 2 tri-colored LED's (or one if that's all you want) and it also keeps wiring nice and clean instead of a rats nest. I put a build doc/layout for it in the mods forum. Is this an incorrect use of the term daughter board?

octa805

Stomp---that board looked scary at first with the wiring but in reality, so easy. Great layout. Thanks again.

Stomptown

Quote from: octa805 on May 03, 2013, 09:00:43 AM
Stomp---that board looked scary at first with the wiring but in reality, so easy. Great layout. Thanks again.

Yeah! Lots of pads but once the led's are mounted it's pretty easy. Did you use a tri colored LED for the lighted potentiometer led as well?