Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Medium profile Doppelganger

Started by soldersqueeze, May 16, 2013, 09:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

Quote from: Strategy on May 16, 2013, 12:26:52 PM
Hammond and Heeger both make nice ones.

Hey man, thanks for the heads up on Heeger enclosures, I've never seen them before. I looked them up on Mouser and sadly the slanted enclosure big enough for a Ring Stinger qualifies for Mouser's "Random Punch In The Balls" delivery upcharge, boosting the shipping on my current cart from £0.00 to £44.15.

So that'll be a "No", then. Do you know another supplier? I'd love to build a slanted Ring Stinger but the only Hammond boxes it would fit into are 10 inches wide, which seems a touch ridonkulous even for such a big pedal...

Quote from: Haberdasher on May 16, 2013, 12:36:25 PM
That.is.awesome!
Love the unicorn puke!

Thanks man, I told you I'd get it finished in time!

Strategy

That's terrible about the Mouser overseas shipping rate, terrible...I'm in the States and usually use them for most things and Smallbear for most all else. iProjectbox carries Heeger and a lot of plastic enclosures used in typical synth-diy projects (like Serpac and Pactec) but ...no hammond, which is weird.

Does the Hammond site have direct ordering? hammondmfg.com I think

Strategy

soldersqueeze

Quote from: Strategy on May 16, 2013, 01:01:53 PM
That's terrible about the Mouser overseas shipping rate, terrible...I'm in the States and usually use them for most things and Smallbear for most all else. iProjectbox carries Heeger and a lot of plastic enclosures used in typical synth-diy projects (like Serpac and Pactec) but ...no hammond, which is weird.

Does the Hammond site have direct ordering? hammondmfg.com I think

Strategy

The RKITB upcharge only rears its ugly head on rare occasions, and fortunately most of the Hammond stuff is fine, even the big stuff. I got a slanted Hammond enclosure 0.5" narrower than the Heeger from Mouser with no upcharge, so go figure  ???
The annoying thing is that it's that 0.5" makes it too narrow for the Ring Stinger project! I think mine will eventually be in a 1550G like everyone else's

Digging that Big Cheese clone BTW

Parra

wow, just awesome, i think i know were i should put my money on for the may contest!

cool stuff.

midwayfair

soldersqueeze

I shortened "random punch in the balls" to RKITB. Clearly a punch became a kick. And clearly all that wiring fried my brain :)

Hangingmonkey

Awesome build! Nice one.
I did one but had some trouble fitting it into a BB but managed in the end. Ill take some pics and update my thread on the weekend.

Are you getting any lfo ticking with your build?

LaceSensor

If anyone uk wants a partially populated half working troubleshoot build pm me

nzCdog

Love it man, the name and finish in that enclosure is so cool.  Epic ribbon cable spaghetti in the guts too...  8)

TNblueshawk

:o Holy fcku  :o  Awesome job man!
John

ch1naski

Awesome build.  I want to do one of these, but I missed out on the fabbed boards. I do have Lacesensor's single side layout ready for transfer, and a big piece of copper. I be scared, tho.:o
Looks intimidating.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

soldersqueeze

Quote from: ch1naski on May 18, 2013, 08:38:10 AM
Awesome build.  I want to do one of these, but I missed out on the fabbed boards. I do have Lacesensor's single side layout ready for transfer, and a big piece of copper. I be scared, tho.:o
Looks intimidating.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Not to discourage the DIY spirit, but you could always get one from Haberdasher- the last thing you'd want is to end up troubleshooting one of these with questionable traces...
As a bonus, you'd have plenty of copper board for all the awesome projects recently culled (RIP La Vache).

Ah, who am I kidding? Live the dream, etch the monster and take your place amongst the DIY gods  ;D

MattOcaster

Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com