News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New gear for my bday

Started by aballen, May 25, 2013, 11:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

:D

Well I'm turning 40 this weekend, and I thought I should get myself something special.  That coupled with a gift certificate at guitar center, and a 25% coupon... and a trade in.

I traded up my spider IV 120 for this.

Other than my firefly amp, this is my first real tube amp.  I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it.  Seems to really nail some tones that I wanted,  I find I'm preferring the EL84 over the 6V6...bit I've only had it for a day.  I would have preferred a combo amp, but this is what they has in stock, and frankly its easier to carry.

Suprisingly loud too for something so small.... love new toys.

DutchMF

Ooooooh, very nice amp! And happy Bday, aballen! I was kinda tempted myself this week (a friend of mine who has a ridiculous amount of gear is unloading a lot, since his girlfriend is moving in), but i resisted. Now, I want to go try out an Egnater, heard so many cool things about them... Enjoy dude!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

madbean

Awesome, dude! You will enjoy that. Don't let the mid-life crisis get to you too much!

atreidesheir

Mid-life crisis?     Mid-life Victory!
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

aballen

No crisis here, I've  got two kids so I just keep reminding myself... I'm not getting old, I'm just really tired :)

There is a line out on this amp.. XLR,  do you guys know of a good way to convert line out to a headphone out?

Quote from: madbean on May 25, 2013, 01:20:21 PM
Awesome, dude! You will enjoy that. Don't let the mid-life crisis get to you too much!

midwayfair

Happy birthday! Many happy returns.*

*keep the amp. :-)

jkokura

I'm growing to be a large Egnater fan. That amp is awesome, I hope you like it tonnes.

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

BraindeadAudio

Awsome, happy B day and congrats!

gingataff

angrykoko

Nice!  Happy Birthday!
I tried out that amp too, it was really sweet and it nailed this one crunch sound so perfectly.
I'm sure you'll be pulling new sounds out of that for a year.

Enjoy!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer