News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Open Discussion / Re: New to Pedal Building and ...
Last post by marcosandrew - Today at 07:57:46 AM
Quote from: jwin615 on May 24, 2024, 01:00:03 PMWelcome to the board and the hobby!
Where to post a question kinda depends on the nature of the question.
Tech help is more reserved for madbean projects specifically.
How do I? Subforum is more for process specific questions.
General Questions is kinda everything else. But there's no hard rules or anything. I would suggest keeping madbean project questions in the tech help area as Brian(bean) may be more likely to see them and see sooner.
Here, diystompboxes and the pedalpcb forum are all great resources both to ask questions and search for information. It's always a good idea to search for a given project before building as you may find mods, substitutions or other ideas from previous builds that will be useful.
I would recommend reading through resources, regardless. Also, build an audio probe, see The tutorials section:
https://madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/index.html
Instructions in the prototyping rig doc, but all are good reads.
Good info in the PPCB wiki as well
https://wiki.pedalpcb.com/wiki/Main_Page
Also read over Brian's build docs. He writes some of the best and there's always good info there to learn from. Even just reading some of the older ones in the archives can be beneficial.
See amzfx as well
https://www.muzique.com/
Welcome. And remember, a hot iron for short bursts and don't melt your 3pdt.

Hi jwin615

Thank you for the warm welcome and guidance. I'll be sure to post my questions in the appropriate subforums and explore the suggested resources. I'll also look into building an audio probe and reading through Brian's build docs and other tutorials.

Appreciate the tips.
Build Reports / Re: Boom Boom Brassmaster
Last post by BryGuy - May 26, 2024, 11:40:07 PM
Super cool. I need to watch that documentary about the wrecking crew again.
Last post by lars - May 26, 2024, 09:36:39 PM
Welcome!
Best troubleshooting tip I can think of:  buy a Hakko FR-301. It is a headache-saving, money-saving, sanity-saving investment for anything solder related.
Build Reports / Re: Boom Boom Brassmaster
Last post by jimilee - May 26, 2024, 09:13:41 PM
Carol Kaye is / was an awesome bass player. She played on so many things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Build Reports / Boom Boom Brassmaster
Last post by fredwreck - May 26, 2024, 08:03:02 PM
I was listening to the bass fuzz on Frank Sinatra's "The World We Knew" and seen that Carol Kaye played the bass.  So I went on her webpage and emailed her to ask what effect that was and she replied! Only problem was she didn't remember the name of the pedal but she sent me a fuzzy picture of herself using it at the Sinatra session and after scouring the internet I found it was the BrassMaster.  This thing sounds amazing!  Thanks MadBean!
Last post by Aentons - May 24, 2024, 09:27:04 PM
Welcome
Last post by jimilee - May 24, 2024, 07:38:34 PM
Quote from: derevaun on May 24, 2024, 06:27:45 PMWelcome! I've learned a lot from others' help threads. There's something about a troubleshooting thread that restores some faith in humanity.
I will echo this. Read a lot of troubleshooting threads and find the most common issues.

Last post by derevaun - May 24, 2024, 06:27:45 PM
Welcome! I've learned a lot from others' help threads. There's something about a troubleshooting thread that restores some faith in humanity.
Last post by jessenator - May 24, 2024, 05:29:08 PM
Welcome, welcome!

Echoing the above.
How Do I? Beginner's Paradise. / Re: Sagan Delay Send/Return Ja...
Last post by jimilee - May 24, 2024, 04:30:39 PM
Quote from: Jakes Dad on May 24, 2024, 01:45:19 AMCool. Thanks, I can get it done and still have wire left!
Chuck
Bwahahaha