News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Open Discussion / Re: wish me luck
Last post by lars - Today at 09:14:31 PM
Quote from: jessenator on May 15, 2024, 06:56:09 PMI'll have to get their thoughts on soldering (lead, fumes, etc.)
Give them the truth. Lead solder = good.
RoHS compliant lead-free solder = fix it again and again and again which exposes you to more fumes, burns, and malfunctioning pcbs that cause electrical fire hazards, etc.
Global Annoucements / Re: Forum issues
Last post by djaaz - Today at 09:44:33 AM
It's been better here. there is still significant delay between a post and its appearance and other basic stuff but the login issue are mostly gone. I removed the madbean cookies on chrome but i'm not sure that was the solution.
Global Annoucements / Re: Forum issues
Last post by madbean - Today at 01:25:15 AM
Thanks again guys. I'm going to get on top of this later this week. I'll either get it solved or look into migrating the forum. This is beyond dumb.
General Questions / Re: VFE Dragon Docs
Last post by Aentons - May 20, 2024, 11:22:41 PM
What you are looking for is the Archive section on the main shop page. It's in the VFE section

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/archives/index.html
General Questions / Re: VFE Dragon Docs
Last post by strat68 - May 20, 2024, 08:22:47 PM
I found the doc but there's nothing about the trimmers or freqs.
General Questions / VFE Dragon Docs
Last post by strat68 - May 20, 2024, 08:09:42 PM
I finally got round to building the VFE Dragon I bought several years ago.  I can't seem to find a copy of the build doc on the site.  Does anyone have any info on the trimmers inside and the frequency sweeps  of the to filters? 
Open Discussion / Re: The transition.
Last post by gordo - May 20, 2024, 01:17:12 AM
I flew out to CA for a few days to intercept a shipping POD of stuff we shipped from here.  I'd shipped a Harmony guitar that the then-president gave me that was never completed.  It was a Chinese knock off of a Gretsch and they spelled the name wrong so I don't believe he moved forward from there.  I put a Bigsby and roller bridge on it with CTS electronics and GFS Filter-tron pickups.

The amp is an old Traynor when they first got into solid-state.  It's a TS-25 and highly under rated.  The original spreaker crumbled so I replaced it with a WGS.

Sometimes it's not about a pedal.  It's just an old amp with an attitude and a cheap guitar with lots of TLC.

Clip was done with my phone using only the amp's reverb.  Fun times.

https://soundcloud.com/gordoamps/friday-at-5-09-pm?si=8b6f747afb254f9bbda5c311e95ab87a&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Open Discussion / Current lover
Last post by Locrian99 - May 19, 2024, 04:34:43 PM
Curious which version of the electric mistress current lover is closest to
Tech Help - Projects Page / Re: LectricFx Dandy Horse Musi...
Last post by jwin615 - May 19, 2024, 03:35:48 PM
Your bunching of control will be at minimum feedback setting with the C taper. That will allow finer control I. The medium to maximum feedback range.
With an A taper, the opposite would be true.