News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Whetstone kits

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, February 10, 2021, 03:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

I'm sort of mad at myself for not picking up one of these or a Crystal Dagger. :/

jimilee

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 09, 2021, 07:07:54 AM
I'm sort of mad at myself for not picking up one of these or a Crystal Dagger. :/
There are more cadaverous reverbs up on the bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

It goes without saying that the Kezuroukai is dead on.  The selling point is the enclosure for me.  Ironically I've spent more time with this phaser than any other just because of that.  This and the Glass Hole are my faves by far.

On my live board I'm still using a Line6 MM4.  Doesn't sound as good, but close enough and with presets I get a large amount of "close enoughs".
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

peAk

Quote from: gordo on April 09, 2021, 01:48:45 PM
It goes without saying that the Kezuroukai is dead on.  The selling point is the enclosure for me.  Ironically I've spent more time with this phaser than any other just because of that.  This and the Glass Hole are my faves by far.

On my live board I'm still using a Line6 MM4.  Doesn't sound as good, but close enough and with presets I get a large amount of "close enoughs".

agree man, totally.

Have you ever built the BYOC Phase Royal? Its a really cool phaser too. They will sell just the PCB usually if you contact them. Its got a pretty unique flavor to it.

jimilee

Quote from: peAk on April 09, 2021, 03:59:49 PM
Quote from: gordo on April 09, 2021, 01:48:45 PM

agree man, totally.

Have you ever built the BYOC Phase Royal? Its a really cool phaser too. They will sell just the PCB usually if you contact them. Its got a pretty unique flavor to it.
I like that one, but I don't want to have to change modules. I'd like them to all be in one enclosure.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

drezdn

Has anyone here built the reverb? I just got one in the mail and I'm hoping I can at least find a gutshot as there are some connections that aren't obvious to me.

peAk

Quote from: drezdn on April 11, 2021, 02:24:06 PM
Has anyone here built the reverb? I just got one in the mail and I'm hoping I can at least find a gutshot as there are some connections that aren't obvious to me.

I havent. Does it use a Belton brick?

harryklippton

Another user here has and he was working on a trace of it too. See this thread https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32463.msg311813#msg311813

DLW

I had the same problem and Drew helped out. Pay close attention to the expression jack and momentary switch wiring.

jimilee

Quote from: peAk on April 12, 2021, 01:57:08 AM

I havent. Does it use a Belton brick?
10 pin accutronics brick. I was only able to find it on reverb.

drezdn

That wiring diagram is going to be a huge help. Thanks so much. Is it the Accutronics Digi-Log BTDR-3H?

Aentons

Drew Hallenbeck

Not sure if you got all of the internal DIP switches with your kit. Mine was missing one of the ones for the expression pedal assignment. They're strange little buggers and you definitely can't just drop in normal DIP switches in their place. Fairly straight forward build otherwise.
I've gotten new boards manufactured for two different layouts. Just need to find the time to test out a few component value changes and see how they work out.
Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions along the way. I've spent many hours studying and tracing this one!  ;D
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

culturejam

I still haven't done jack shit with my kit.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Quote from: culturejam on April 13, 2021, 03:29:04 AM
I still haven't done jack shit with my kit.  ;D
It's an easy quick build, shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes.....