Main Menu

Anyone else get the Covid Vaccine?

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2021, 02:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Quote from: Stomptown on April 15, 2021, 03:49:08 AM
My wife and I got our first shots last Thursday.  Thank you Jesus!  :P

That's great!

Five & half hours ago my wife & i had our first date with Pfizer, 35 minute walk there all downhill, 50 minute walk home all uphill...
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Stomptown

Quote from: davent on April 15, 2021, 03:56:27 AM

That's great!

Five & half hours ago my wife & i had our first date with Pfizer, 35 minute walk there all downhill, 50 minute walk home all uphill...

We had to drive about an hour and half east to a rural town to get ours.  Apparently, they were throwing away vaccines due to a lack of local interest.

jubal81

Quote from: Stomptown on April 15, 2021, 04:15:59 AM
We had to drive about an hour and half east to a rural town to get ours.  Apparently, they were throwing away vaccines due to a lack of local interest.

We've got a federal mass vaccination site up here in Yakima (1,200 shots a day) and 65% are going to people from the west side of the mountains.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Stomptown

Quote from: jubal81 on April 15, 2021, 05:12:04 AM
Quote from: Stomptown on April 15, 2021, 04:15:59 AM

We've got a federal mass vaccination site up here in Yakima (1,200 shots a day) and 65% are going to people from the west side of the mountains.

I'm about 2hrs south of you in The Dalles.  Similar demographics to Yakima so I would bet my $$$ that a lot of shots here are going to folks west of the Cascades as well.

EBK

My family is going in "vacation" this weekend (starting this afternoon, actually).  My wife is the only one of us that is vaccinated.  My anxiety level is super high, and I'm dreading the idea of being in a hotel.  To me, it is like touring the collapsed Chernobyl reactor.  :(
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

PapaKev

Quote from: PapaKev on April 07, 2021, 10:18:50 PM
Quote from: PapaKev on April 05, 2021, 03:41:33 PM
Scheduled for the 1 shot version Wednesday. May still back out.

And... I got the shot. Arm hurt for about 5 min. No pain now, no dif in anything that I can tell. Will let you know about anything that might come up. Nice to know I don't have to get a 2nd shot, that's for sure.

After 1 week, no side effects...yet. I knew as soon as I got the shot something would happen to make me question my decision. Never fails.

PapaKev

Quote from: EBK on April 15, 2021, 12:27:49 PM
My family is going in "vacation" this weekend (starting this afternoon, actually).  My wife is the only one of us that is vaccinated.  My anxiety level is super high, and I'm dreading the idea of being in a hotel.  To me, it is like touring the collapsed Chernobyl reactor.  :(

If it makes you feel any better, my group has been traveling all over the state of WV since this thing started. Staying in hotels up down interstate 77. License plates from all over the county at these locations. No one in our group has gotten Covid. We also ate out at least 2 times per day at these locations.

gordo

It took me a second but the "thank you Jesus" reference is hilarious!!!  The American ones (at least the ones in Illinois) aren't signed but Emmanuel would be a sly tip of the hat.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Stomptown

Quote from: gordo on April 15, 2021, 11:32:19 PM
It took me a second but the "thank you Jesus" reference is hilarious!!!  The American ones (at least the ones in Illinois) aren't signed but Emmanuel would be a sly tip of the hat.

Haha.  Yeah, we were quite literally vaccinated by the hands of Jesus. 😂

gordo

Na, my feet are clean but thanks.  Just need the shot please...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

matmosphere

Quote from: Stomptown on April 16, 2021, 12:02:52 AM
Quote from: gordo on April 15, 2021, 11:32:19 PM

Haha.  Yeah, we were quite literally vaccinated by the hands of Jesus. 😂

That's the dude in that Lebowski movie right? The one in the purple jumpsuit with the hairnet?

madbean

jimilee

First shot is tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

I got all signed up for the J&J shot.... and then it got canceled

vizcities

Just got my second Pfizer and it's been a doozy - I've been exhausted for the last 24 hours. It's nice to approach some kind of finish line, though.