News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else get the Covid Vaccine?

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2021, 06:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Quote from: DLW on April 22, 2021, 09:28:10 AM
You must be out of it, because your booster was Moderna, not J&J ;)

Glad to hear your side effects were relatively mild... Curious whether you had a more severe response to the first shot (compared to the second) or if you have reason to believe you were infected with Cov2 at some point? Anecdotal evidence would suggest one of those two scenarios may lessen the side effect of the booster shot.

Oops, yeah I forgot about that! Same kind of dissociative feeling as the first shot but it's lasted longer this time. I'm not concerned. It's not causing any cognitive problems other than being a bit out of it. Overall the feeling is going away slowly.

madbean

Yeah I'm so psuedobaked I forgot I started with Pfizer not J&J. I think that's enough typing for me today.

Lubdar

Just got my first shot of Pfizer yesterday. I have been in and out of it, slight nausea, and light fatigue... so far

(--c^.^)--c

thesmokingman

got first dose of Moderna today ... not much to it, not even a sore arm
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

PapaKev

Buddy I work with got his 2nd shot Friday. Got sick Sunday. Made it to work Monday but camped out in his hotel room. Fever, losing fluids through both ends. Not pretty. Was better Tuesday. Fully recovered Wednesday.

madbean

Boy it seems reactions are certainly all over the place. I'm feeling 100% now. Wife had her 2nd shot the same day and feels like crap. In any case, I'm just so grateful to have the vaccine. We've been super careful for the last year because we both have health concerns that are disagreeable with COVID. We've been very fortunate.

As a complete tangent, wife's company is putting most staff on permanent work from home since they all did such a kickass job over the last year. So, both of us will be home based from now on. Does anyone want to adopt me?

(I keed, I keed. I love my wife. It's a good thing for her.)

culturejam

Quote from: madbean on April 22, 2021, 06:28:12 PM
As a complete tangent, wife's company is putting most staff on permanent work from home since they all did such a kickass job over the last year. So, both of us will be home based from now on.

My job is looking to be the same outcome, almost. I'll still likely end up going in one or two days a week, but it's going to be very flexible.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gordo

It's taken me most of the year to figure out how to work from home. I had about a 3-4 hour commute everyday and didn't miss it at all but just couldn't get my bearings. Now that I'm dialed in it looks like I'll go back in before fall.

I got into a short but fun spell of day drinking and built a TON of pedals. Was a pretty happy camper to get that second shot though.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

harryklippton

I've been furloughed for a whole year now but I'll be handing in my resignation when they call me back

thesmokingman

mine's done nothing but pressure me the whole time to return to the office against medical advice ... I have a second interview elsewhere in the morning.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

culturejam

Quote from: thesmokingman on April 22, 2021, 08:42:41 PM
mine's done nothing but pressure me the whole time to return to the office against medical advice ... I have a second interview elsewhere in the morning.

Shit, man. That sucks. But good on you for looking elsewhere. Best of luck to you!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

EBK

Yesterday, I visited my office for the first time in over a year (I had to pick a few personal belongings).  The building was completely deserted, but things were still where I left them like the place was abandoned suddenly in the wake of a catastrophic disaster (because it was).  It was creepy, like walking into a movie about the apocalypse.  The only thing spoiling the scene was the fact that all the lights were still working.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Leevibe

Got my first Pfizer shot a week ago. I had a sore arm that night but it was fine by the next day. Kind of dreading the second one but really thankful to even have the opportunity and glad to do my part. My wife works in a school library so she's been vaccinated for a while. Everyone in my household is at least partially vaccinated at this time which feels really good.

slacker775

I got my second Pfizer this week.  Had some chills overnight and a bit of blah feeling the next day.  Tylenol helped keep it at bay and eating a bit more would have helped.  By the day after, I was fine.

midwayfair

Quote from: EBK on April 23, 2021, 03:53:10 AM
Yesterday, I visited my office for the first time in over a year (I had to pick a few personal belongings).  The building was completely deserted, but things were still where I left them like the place was abandoned suddenly in the wake of a catastrophic disaster (because it was).  It was creepy, like walking into a movie about the apocalypse.  The only thing spoiling the scene was the fact that all the lights were still working.

We're only allowed to go into the office with permission and we need a damn good reason to do so, but the lights are all on (they're motion sensed), the vending machines are stocked, etc. It really is kind of creepy.

I believe I'll no longer have an office when we open back up. I can do everything I currently do from home, but unfortunately might get stuck with some project work that uhhh requires my physical presence in a specific location, which is really irritating if I'm being honest.