18 (43.9%)
No, because don't want.
3 (7.3%)
Maybe, but I prefer new projects first.
20 (48.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: July 12, 2011, 04:29:32 PM

sprayfe

Does 2 ic's mean no charge pump? Super excited! Will you offer etching artwork?
Thanks man!

juansolo

Made an MK1C board (no charge pump) with Sunking part substitutions and it's absence doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference to the tone of the circuit. Itching for these new boards!

On board clipper switching too, cool.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

madbean

The switches will be wired off-board actually. I did this to save space, and honestly I'm not sure that on-board SPDTs are of much benefit having built a number of boards with them now.

The charge pump section was removed, as sprayfe points out, and there should be 9 total choices for diode configuration (with center off SDPT). I will also be including a separate "mod" BOM which changes about 50% of the values to more common ones. It also sounds a bit different: more bass, a bit more overdrive.

The two ICs will be 2272s running in 9v operation. If adding a charge pump, then probably TL072 or OPA2164.

It goes in a 1590BB vertical orientation, and should be a much more pleasant build than the Sunking (no standing resistors).

madbean

Here's a crazy idea. What if, instead of nine bajillion diode choices, it were 4 different diode options. Those would be attached to a 3p4t rotary switch. One the other two poles, you could switch the tone control range AND the bass going into the circuit. This way, you could fine tune the bass and tone of the thing depending on what diodes you have selected...it would be like having four differently voiced klons in one!

madbean

Maybe something like this!

Ang3lus

that's an awesome idea Brian, I would jump on a few boards if you release taht for sure :)

sgmezei

Me likes the switching options. The more the better!

juansolo

madbean

Yeah, I think this is the way to go. While I liked that previous layout quite a bit, this switching thing justs offers up a tremendous amount of possibility. Here's the new layout idea below. All the things that can be switched (diodes, tone caps, input filtering) are lined up so that you can put in sockets. This lets you experiment easily with different combinations. I've also got it where you can do the 1590BB vertical and have the dual gain pot just under the tone pot, or horizontal if you want the three pots and the switch all in a row.

This is kinda badass!

juansolo

Comfort Player

Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....

Jargo

snz728

maybe it was worth the wait a tonal swiss army knife

bigmufffuzzwizz

I love where you took this! The layout looks great! Looks like it went from expert to a intermediate build even with all the added options.
Is the clean/dirt where the dual gang gain pot is connected?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

irmcdermott

This looks like such an awesome project. I. Am. Pumped.