18 (43.9%)
No, because don't want.
3 (7.3%)
Maybe, but I prefer new projects first.
20 (48.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: July 12, 2011, 09:29:32 AM

madbean

I'm still getting requests everyday for it even though it sold out three or so weeks ago. Should I make one more batch available or stick to the plan of discontinuing it with the other ones? I know there are people that did not get one because they sold out too quickly.

BarryW

more more more

;D

REVISED - seriously, I'd prefer the new projects.  There are so many cool things on deck for me to build, I'm smiling big time.  Look forward !  Do new stuff, have fun Bean.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I personally feel the madness will never end since its such an awesome oppurtunity to build a good sounding project at an afforable price. It's something I'd like to see stick around especially if there's no legal issues surrounding the project, but not to be the focus at the moment. I'd personally like to see more of your designs with how I like all the modifications your doing before you release a project. How do you feel about it Brian?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gtr2

I'm much more interested in the new projects.  Although, I would think that the sunking attracts new DIYer's which could turn into long term customers...

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

Quote from: gtr2 on July 07, 2011, 11:05:09 AM
I'm much more interested in the new projects.  Although, I would think that the sunking attracts new DIYer's which could turn into long term customers...

Josh

I feel exactly the same way as Josh. I am completely all for original projects but I think this circuit is somewhat of a special case. It's always on high demand and like Magic said, it's an awesome project to work specially when it can be built at a much much more affordable price.

I'm sorry to be repetitive haha But I do agree with the comments. So, my vote is for re-instating the Sunking (not just one batch :))

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

plesur

I think the Sunking is the thing that brings people here, I know it was at the top of the list of builds I'm working through. I couldn't afford to buy a 'real' one secondhand and they'd stopped being made by the time I was seriously thinking of buying one.

But I don't want to see Brian getting heat from the original manufacturers for producing straight clone boards. As the original pedal is due to return some time 'soon' (although it's quite late already) and rumoured to be cheaper - maybe the Sunking should stay in retirement.

Or you could see it as an incentive to learn to etch.  ::)

But this is coming from someone who has already made one. If I hadn't, I know what side I'd be on.

nzCdog

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on July 07, 2011, 10:14:21 AM
I personally feel the madness will never end since its such an awesome oppurtunity to build a good sounding project at an afforable price. It's something I'd like to see stick around especially if there's no legal issues surrounding the project, but not to be the focus at the moment.
+1

Seiche

yes please, i'm on the other side of the fence and would like to build one. I have done a vero already but i never got that to work very well. there were always issues with copper tracks and the dual gang pot wiring. it works now, but i'm not sure if "this is is" you know?

would def. buy one.

Higgie

I'd definitely be interested in a couple more boards!
Bass Player and Pedal Enthusiast :)

fuzzzz

im  very interested on the new projects, but i think I've missed the oportunity of making such a great pedal. my vote is for more sunkings, please.
BTW, this is my first message in the forun; Hello everybody.
I know my english is kinda crappy, I'm sorry :(

nzCdog

Quote from: fuzzzz on July 07, 2011, 03:08:40 PM
BTW, this is my first message in the forun; Hello everybody.
Howdy!  Welcom to the forum!!  :D

Smeero

I was too late to get my first one, so ummmmm, yes please.

cjkbug

while I am more Interested in the new projects. The klon Is discontinued. And bills new pedal coming out is a different circuit so I don't see what the harm In putting out a pcb of a severely overpriced(used) out of production pedal. I'd buy a few more just to experiment with.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jtn191

I think I already bought as many Sunking boards as I'd want (that is, 2). But...  :-*

T_MBaker

I'd have conflicted opinions, on one hand I'd like to build one to see what the fuss is about, but on the other hand you made a well thought out and respected decision, so you have every right to stick by it.
I wouldn't want to see you becoming a slave to a single PCB, so to speak.

Just my opinion though.