News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Questions / Re: VFE Dragon Docs
Last post by Aentons - Today at 11:22:41 PM
What you are looking for is the Archive section on the main shop page. It's in the VFE section

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/archives/index.html
General Questions / Re: VFE Dragon Docs
Last post by strat68 - Today at 08:22:47 PM
I found the doc but there's nothing about the trimmers or freqs.
General Questions / VFE Dragon Docs
Last post by strat68 - Today at 08:09:42 PM
I finally got round to building the VFE Dragon I bought several years ago.  I can't seem to find a copy of the build doc on the site.  Does anyone have any info on the trimmers inside and the frequency sweeps  of the to filters? 
Open Discussion / Re: The transition.
Last post by gordo - Today at 01:17:12 AM
I flew out to CA for a few days to intercept a shipping POD of stuff we shipped from here.  I'd shipped a Harmony guitar that the then-president gave me that was never completed.  It was a Chinese knock off of a Gretsch and they spelled the name wrong so I don't believe he moved forward from there.  I put a Bigsby and roller bridge on it with CTS electronics and GFS Filter-tron pickups.

The amp is an old Traynor when they first got into solid-state.  It's a TS-25 and highly under rated.  The original spreaker crumbled so I replaced it with a WGS.

Sometimes it's not about a pedal.  It's just an old amp with an attitude and a cheap guitar with lots of TLC.

Clip was done with my phone using only the amp's reverb.  Fun times.

https://soundcloud.com/gordoamps/friday-at-5-09-pm?si=8b6f747afb254f9bbda5c311e95ab87a&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Open Discussion / Current lover
Last post by Locrian99 - May 19, 2024, 04:34:43 PM
Curious which version of the electric mistress current lover is closest to
Tech Help - Projects Page / Re: LectricFx Dandy Horse Musi...
Last post by jwin615 - May 19, 2024, 03:35:48 PM
Your bunching of control will be at minimum feedback setting with the C taper. That will allow finer control I. The medium to maximum feedback range.
With an A taper, the opposite would be true.
Open Discussion / Re: Anyone watching JHS's circ...
Last post by movinginslomo - May 18, 2024, 05:31:09 PM
Quote from: peAk on May 18, 2024, 02:40:16 AMI am not sure what circuit streams you are talking about but I did just watch that Beach Boys thingie. It was cool but mostly because of Chris Cron.

Nothing against Josh or Rhett, but Chris stole the show by far.

It's livestreams from his basement where he's using a breadboard (by coppersound pedals affordable and solid if you don't want to roll your own) to take basic schematics and explain them, then mod them. His first three were based on the EHX lpb-1 (right out of an RCA transistor manual by Bob Myers!) and the last one was the electra distortion circuit. In the last one he's explaining how you want to test and bias your transistors. He does a pretty good job of explaining the stuff in a simple say us boneheaded solder jockeys can understand.
Last post by culturejam - May 18, 2024, 01:57:34 PM
That sounds amazing! City living has some serious upsides
Last post by peAk - May 18, 2024, 02:42:59 AM
Congrats Gordo

Honestly, at 66, that sounds like a dream come true.

Open Discussion / Re: Anyone watching JHS's circ...
Last post by peAk - May 18, 2024, 02:40:16 AM
I am not sure what circuit streams you are talking about but I did just watch that Beach Boys thingie. It was cool but mostly because of Chris Cron.

Nothing against Josh or Rhett, but Chris stole the show by far.