News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ReVibe & Demo

Started by jubal81, March 05, 2014, 07:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fixxe

Couple questions:
How does running this in parallel sacrifice extreme settings?
Do I need to change certain values if I use a different tank?
Did the screws to install the tank come with said tank?

jubal81

Quote from: fixxe on May 26, 2014, 02:59:53 PM
Couple questions:
How does running this in parallel sacrifice extreme settings?
Do I need to change certain values if I use a different tank?
Did the screws to install the tank come with said tank?

A) Each circuit affects only 1/2 the signal instead of the whole signal.
B) Just make sure that whatever tank you get is 8 ohm input and 22K-ish output. I used a shorter, 3-spring version with the same stats.
C) I dismantled the tank and took the spring unit out and used bolts/nuts from the hardware store to remount it in the enclosure.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

rumbletone

After seeing this thread I ordered a Surfy Bear - I just got it hooked up to a pan (the full size Mod version) last night and it sounds stellar - don't miss the tubes at all, and it's HUGE sounding. The pan is super long though so I think I'll try one of the smaller ones and do a pedalboard friendly version - though I'll probably separate the pan from the driver so the controls can go on top and the pan underneath, and probably have separate wet and dry outs (I like the flexibility to run parallel). Also likely going to pair it with trem - though currently thinking I'll do a brownface type trem (or at least have it as an option) and perhaps TAPLFO.

Thanks for the inspiration!!

juansolo

Cleggy's just picked up an old small amp head (spares or repair job)... Guess where his is going ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

Can't wait to see more of these. It's a lot more work than a brick, but I guarantee anyone who builds one won't regret it.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair