Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tuskproto / Small Mexican Dog / Dumberoid

Started by juansolo, April 29, 2014, 05:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: das234 on May 02, 2014, 11:07:20 PM
New Update:  There's a bidder!

I was going to "ask the seller" if that price included a bottle of DIY mystery goop but I didn't want to sabotage the experiment.

I really need to keep looking in on that. It's Cleggy's ebay account so it doesn't e-mail me when anything happens.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

playpunk

Looks great, as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

juansolo

Quote from: juansolo on May 03, 2014, 07:37:43 AM
Quote from: das234 on May 02, 2014, 11:07:20 PM
New Update:  There's a bidder!

I was going to "ask the seller" if that price included a bottle of DIY mystery goop but I didn't want to sabotage the experiment.

I really need to keep looking in on that. It's Cleggy's ebay account so it doesn't e-mail me when anything happens.

Well if there's no more bids, I reckon after all the fees, costs and sendage, I'll actually end up with £30 in pocket for 2hrs work...

People wonder why I don't do this for a living ;)

das234

Well, I would go raise the bid on it.  BUT, it's just a Tube Screamer.

juansolo

Indeed  ;D

I'd rather not have any shilling also. It's an experiment :) Plus I'm really not bothered about making money on it. it's already covered my costs/time. I want to see how much the hype is actually worth. I think we can agree I've made it as well as the original and the half priced clone of it. So it's purely down to the hype/marketing. It appeared on TGP where the cork sniffers could see it, I've been ultra-clear about what it is.

Currently a bloke in Ireland is the only bidder. Good luck to him!

das234

Yeah, your experiment is definitely lacking the hype.  But if you hype it too much you'll have to get a bigger card table.

Vallhagen

Quote from: juansolo on April 29, 2014, 05:32:02 PM

... Mainly because it's name had the D word in it and it was $600. ...

Sometimes i wonder if i happen to be NOT nerdy enuff, because ie here i dont have a clue what you're talkin about 8) ... not read through the whole thread though.

Its good to view your builds, cuz when i feel like ive completed something neat, i can check your stuff and avoid hubris ;D ...

Wonderful work as always! keep up the good wörk!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

juansolo

Mythical pedals that sounds like mythical amps... Allegedly. Calling it something that's a derivative of Dumble, then selling it for an outrageous amount of money, whilst hiding what the circuit actually is with goop all adds to the mystery and appeal for some people.

Essentially they're all fishing for the next Klon and haven't yet realised that it was a bit of a one off and that most boutiquers aren't much more than chancers and con artists.

Clayford

Quote from: juansolo on May 06, 2014, 08:24:43 PM
Mythical pedals that sounds like mythical amps... Allegedly. Calling it something that's a derivative of Dumble, then selling it for an outrageous amount of money, whilst hiding what the circuit actually is with goop all adds to the mystery and appeal for some people.

Essentially they're all fishing for the next Klon and haven't yet realised that it was a bit of a one off and that most boutiquers aren't much more than chancers and con artists.
SHHHHHHHH
You're gonna give away the secret sauce!
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded