News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dr. Manhattan Lightwah

Started by Guybrush, June 22, 2013, 11:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Rorschach? Distortion-fuzz -> Phaser combo. You'd never, ever want him as an enemy.

The Lightwah, mind you, that's pretty tasty :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Stomptown

This looks amazing!  :o If you really want a clean etch nail varnish should work great. I usually use black model paint which works really well too. FWIW I have found that I like my grungy etches more than the prefect ones I've done. They don't have as much character and I am annoyed that I can see the oils from my skin on them, which is near possible to remove. For pristine etches I have started doing faceplates which I prefer...

Guybrush

Quote from: alanp on June 23, 2013, 12:26:37 AM
Rorschach? Distortion-fuzz -> Phaser combo.

Yeah it'd have to be something pretty screwy!

Quote from: billstein on June 23, 2013, 12:12:14 AM
Nice looking pedal and great etch. Can I ask you where you got the files for this one?

Cheers man. You can find the layout over at diystompboxes.com just search for Lightwah and you should find the thread dedicated to it. The guy who designed it goes by the username Deadastronaut and he was enormously helpful and patient with me when answering my many questions. Check it out!

Quote from: Stomptown on June 23, 2013, 01:02:15 AM
This looks amazing!  :o If you really want a clean etch nail varnish should work great. I usually use black model paint which works really well too. FWIW I have found that I like my grungy etches more than the prefect ones I've done. They don't have as much character and I am annoyed that I can see the oils from my skin on them, which is near possible to remove. For pristine etches I have started doing faceplates which I prefer...

Cheers for the tip! I've been thinking about doing a faceplate so I might finally give it a go!

lincolnic

Quote from: Guybrush on June 23, 2013, 12:08:40 AM
Trying to think of a circuit that would be suitable for Rorchach now.

Did you ever get your Clari(not) boxed up? If not, that's just crazy enough to fit...

Guybrush

Yeah that would be perfect but I've already started the design for it. Damn.