News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lullavibe *Demo added

Started by Guitarmageddon, September 12, 2013, 05:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

The "Lullavibe" for my mate Matt. (one of his projects is "Space Cadet Lullabies")

It's a modified Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe.
An extremely malleable LFO and an obsolete waveform generator ic make it a tweakers delight. Controls are for symmetry, bias and pulse or sine waveforms selector, a huge range of speeds, from very slow to super fast, chorus or vibrato modes AND one it's got one of the sweetest tremolos I've heard.
It's led based and runs on 9v, but still has the right sound. It's also very quiet too.

I've made a few mods to increase the vibe depth, bass content and I reworked the output buffer into a LPB style booster- a lot louder, easily able to overdrive an amp. The flashing speed control is also very useful for seeing exactly how the waveform is being manipulated.
Matt wanted Neil Armstrong on it, a challenging etch, but I think it came out pretty well. Very many hours of work went into this one, but well worth it.

A real quick demo before it went:

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

selfdestroyer

Wow this is stunning. I love the whole thing, great job.

lincolnic

Holy cow, the level of detail in that visor! Such a good job.

hoodoo

Always love your work mate, but this is unbelievable, the detail in that etch= awesome  8)

midwayfair

I think that might be the most detailed etch I've ever seen.

jimilee

May we have a sound sample?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rullywowr

Absolutely killer etch and build.  Love the led chicken head knob and the plethora of options for different tones.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

billstein

Wow! I didn't know an etch like that was even possible. You've set a new standard. Great work.

Tremster

LaceSensor

will you be sharing the project at all?

Guitarmageddon

Thanks Guys!
I've been experimenting with the dot matrix shading for a while. It's all in the timing. Cut too deep and you loose it all. I have a fingertip which I've donated to the cause, pull the box out of the acid and feel the surface to gauge the depth of the cut...That fingertip is a lot smoother than my others. :o
Quote from: LaceSensor on September 13, 2013, 01:07:01 AM
will you be sharing the project at all?
It's actually quite an old project. You can find it at freestopboxes.
It's scattered in a couple of threads so there's no quick direct link, sorry.
If you have trouble locating any of it I'm happy to help.
I probably should re-work it with my updates at some point....
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

raulduke

Awesome build dude. Magnificent!

I hope he was well chuffed with it!

Cortexturizer

My mind is going...I can feel it.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

alanp

Oooh... I really, really like that! What is the function generator chip?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Bret608

Oh my, an etchable layout of this exists? I might have to do this. Yours looks amazing, though I am a little worried about your fingertip!

What size enclosure is this, by the way?