News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cosmo Tremolo - stereo tap tempo with all the things

Started by midwayfair, January 12, 2014, 08:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabulani Jonny

That thing is just insanity.  Holy moly.  Great build, but I'd be throwing in the towel about half-way through.  Some really good sounds out of it though.  I don't use tremolo much, so I haven't been tempted quite yet to build a replacement for the EH Pulsar that I have on my board. 

Again, great looking build. 
Jonathan

bassaround

Hi everyone!
I'm new!
I found tho thread looking for a goatkeeper, the pedal you built is amazing but does not have
the step sequencer and the external audio sync the goatkeeper has.
Does anyone of you has one to sell or can help me in constructing one (a friend of mine could do that but he has not the chip)?
Does anyone of you know something similar?

Sorry everyone for the intromission maybe I'm off-topic but I'm in love of that tremolo and i can't find a way to get something similar :(

Ciao
Andrea

midwayfair

Quote from: bassaround on January 15, 2014, 01:13:59 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm new!
I found tho thread looking for a goatkeeper, the pedal you built is amazing but does not have
the step sequencer and the external audio sync the goatkeeper has.
Does anyone of you has one to sell or can help me in constructing one (a friend of mine could do that but he has not the chip)?
Does anyone of you know something similar?

Sorry everyone for the intromission maybe I'm off-topic but I'm in love of that tremolo and i can't find a way to get something similar :(

Ciao
Andrea

I think the Goatkeeper uses the same chip that's used for the TAPLFO, but with different programming. The sequencer is on board in that. You could, however, trigger a 4017 step sequencer using this LFO. The 4017 is common a decade counter chip, and you can get them all over the place for under a dollar.

This pedal does have an external sync (it uses voltage as a clock source), with instructions provided in the TAPLFO. It would not actually be too difficult to treat an external audio source as a voltage source (like "strum tempo" on the TC Electronics stuff), but I have no idea how accurate it would be.

Guybrush

As someone who has been struggling with MusicPCB's Tap Tempo Tremolo for months, I am in awe.

As always, fantasic work.