Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Opamp Big Muff?

Started by the3secondrule, March 13, 2011, 03:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandadandan

I have a video of mine on youtube.
Forgive the cheese drum beats and leadup but you get the goods at 1m25s

The IC muff is my favourite for huge HUGE walls of fuzz.  No other muff comes close to the sheer wall of crushing doom.  Amazing pedal.

bigmufffuzzwizz

MAN thats is an epic muff sound. Definitely a huge crushing wall of doom fuzz!!! What layout did you use to build yours or is it an original one?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

pandadandan

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 23, 2011, 08:24:14 AM
MAN thats is an epic muff sound. Definitely a huge crushing wall of doom fuzz!!! What layout did you use to build yours or is it an original one?

It's an original from 1978.  I'm guessing from the Sunn avatar that you're a volume worshipper, so I wholeheartedly recommend building one up. 

In fact...

Wait a few minutes and...

pandadandan

night-B

Wow! The routing on the Pcb is so funky looking. It clearly appears to be the key of the mojo  ;)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: pandadandan on March 28, 2011, 12:33:42 AM
It's an original from 1978.  I'm guessing from the Sunn avatar that you're a volume worshipper, so I wholeheartedly recommend building one up. 

Thats awesome. Your muff is definitely a doom beast. I do plan on building one. I have a vero layout and of course waiting for the bean board! And yes high volume!! Sometimes really high volume!!
There's some videos posted of my band on here if your interested(but i think you have to like us to see them ;D). Heavy Pyschedelic Doom Rock you know the deal   :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Voodoo-Merchant/118460538191632#

I was meaning to ask, do you play in a band?

modernage

Got to love those gaudy old EHX boards.  :D

I finally got around to finishing up my GuitarPCB board around 1:00am last night, and it sounds incredible (even at "I don't want to wake the neighbors" volume levels). This is by far the best Muff I've ever played. It may not be the one for those who have wet dreams about David Gilmour while they sleep, but for the rest of the world this may be "the one". haha.

I'm looking forward to checking out a Bean board for this one... and I've always wanted the real deal :jealous:

jkokura

I got to this finally today. One more thing on my checklist of stuff to do done! I have a layout done, but I have too many projects I have to verify on my plate. I'm looking for someone who I can send a PCB file to etch, then populate and verify for me on this project. The only benefit I really can offer is that you would be the first to have access to my project file long before it's posted on the forum. You can also have my permission to use my project for money making, which I normally don't really give out. Not much I know, but that's all I really can offer.

So, if there's anyone who's dying for an Op Amp Big Muff and want's to verify my layout I've done, then please let me know and we can work it out.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bigmufffuzzwizz

Me too!! :) I'll pay for your materials/shipping if need be

jkokura

OKeefe is gonna help me with this one! Thanks guys, I'll have some others that I'll need verifying in the future, so if you're interested in it, let me know.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Haberdasher

OK here's the etch from last night.  I drill-pressed while I was kinda sleepy but it came out ok, I think.
I'll probably start soldering components later today or tomorrow.

[attachment deleted by admin]

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jkokura

Great job Keefe, I hope it turns out alright.

I noticed last night that I had something weird go on, so not all the parts may fit perfectly because the board's scale sideways may be slightly off. I'm working on fixing it today, so in the revision I produce it will be fixed, but hopefully it won't cause you any difficulties. I hope... if it does I can send you the revision.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Haberdasher

Thanks Jacob

I just checked, & both the IC sockets both went in with no fuss, so I would think any other component could be crammed in there if the need arises.  But go ahead & mail me the revision anyway just in case.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jkokura

Updated and emailed

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*