News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Confessions thread

Started by madbean, February 10, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

An MOT is an annual test on older cars here. Not even sure what they call the human equivalent, but they understood what I meant when I said I was there for my MOT.

None of it was a shocker really. Overweight, yup. But all is generally good. Just some slightly iffy readings around my liver. So advised to cut back on beer and dairy and have another blood test in 4 weeks or so to see if it's made any difference. I was expecting cholesterol issues as my dad has those, but nothing there. Overall, could have been worse. I just need to cut back rather than avoid completely also.

I decided to go for it as I'm over 40 and have never been to the doctors in my adult life (for me). Blokey across the road is younger than me and has had some issues crop up and it got me thinking I probably should go in for a check up.

If anything, I think being a pin cushion the last couple of visits has done wonders for my needle phobia. I still can't watch while she does it, but I'm not as tense and cold sweaty as I used to be.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

midwayfair

Quote from: davent on February 18, 2014, 10:21:23 AM
Moment of Truth? or reality check... I'm guessing here.

[not an acronym] (UK term for a full-body scan medical exam; derived from the Ministry of Transport test car inspection)

http://www.acronymfinder.com/MOT.html

redbean

Quote from: micromegas on February 18, 2014, 03:11:53 AM
Shaun the Sheep is the best. Well, the best is "Wallace&Gromitt", but Shaun the Sheep is good too....

I love stop-motion. Maybe my favourite kind of movies?

I agree. ¡Wallace & Gromit es la ostia!

However, my daughter prefers Shaun the Sheep, so that is what we mostly watch, in addition to live music. We should probably wear Shaun the Sheep themed costumes for this upcoming Carnival.
es là-bas!!

redbean

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 18, 2014, 04:41:11 AM
As soon as I read this....

LOL! BUSTED!!  ;D

I didn't mean to confess that.  :P
es là-bas!!

atreidesheir

I love God and hate Christian Rock.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

mattlee0037

Quote from: atreidesheir on February 18, 2014, 05:52:24 PM
I love God and hate Christian Rock.

Agreed. But you like Switchfoot right?

snz728

Juan,
Just heard a British comedian on the radio talk about his MOT.  He had a check up in Australia and they said his cholesterol was troubling, maybe he should cut back on beer and dairy, but to check in with his physician in London when home.  British doctor said that it was nothing to worry about so comedian figures he will just keep going to doctors in countries with worse general health till he gets to the point when he's in an African nation where he asks about the cholesterol and the doctor says "What are you worried about? You're great you don't have AIDS or malaria, eat what you want." ;D

alanp

Reminds me of an old joke.

Man asks his doctor, "What age will I live to?"

"Do you smoke?"

"No."

"Do you have sex, drink too much, or go out partying?"

"No."

"Listen to loud music, or travel the world?"

"No."

"Then why do you care if you die at 60 or 80?"
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

LOL and fair point on both. I don't smoke, but when I think about it I actually drink a reasonable amount of beer and a lot of cheese. So it won't hurt to cut back on both to be fair.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

blackedition

Ok...my confession time... 

This is my 66th post, and I've yet to build a pedal...  I've been stuck on the part sourcing step for a while...  I really don't want to miss a part and have to reorder.  Also, I want to get enough parts for several builds.  I got my JMK Testing Rig pcb yesterday, so it has lit a fire under my rear to recheck all the parts that I'm going to order and go ahead and order them already!  That'll be the goal for this weekend...we'll see how successful I am...

flanagan0718

Quote from: blackedition on February 19, 2014, 07:58:44 AM

This is my 66th post, and I've yet to build a pedal...  I've been stuck on the part sourcing step for a while...  I really don't want to miss a part and have to reorder.  Also, I want to get enough parts for several builds.  I got my JMK Testing Rig pcb yesterday, so it has lit a fire under my rear to recheck all the parts that I'm going to order and go ahead and order them already!  That'll be the goal for this weekend...we'll see how successful I am...

Hey man, took me a while too! I was nervous about the capacitors portion of it. These guys are super helpful and if you miss any parts go into the "Buy/Sell/Trade" forum and post what you need in "Help I Need ###". I've used it once or twice and helped a couple of people out too! People on this forum are real helpful!

Cortexturizer

I have one to confess.
Pretty embarrassed my meme thread failed so epicly hahahhaha.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

davent

This is my 66th post, and I've yet to build a pedal...  I've been stuck on the part sourcing step for a while...  I really don't want to miss a part and have to reorder.  Also, I want to get enough parts for several builds. 

The curse of this hobby seems to be no matter how much stuff you accumulate, no matter how long you've been at this... the next build requires something you don't have on hand.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

GermanCdn

The easiest way to approach it is to accept that, before you place the order, you will in fact forget something.  It happens to all of us, all of the time.  I've got notebooks and spreadsheets full of inventory levels and what I need to order, and it never fails, I always forgot something.  That's what the Tayda ebay store is for.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

flanagan0718

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 19, 2014, 08:33:51 AM

The easiest way to approach it is to accept that, before you place the order, you will in fact forget something.  It happens to all of us, all of the time.  I've got notebooks and spreadsheets full of inventory levels and what I need to order, and it never fails, I always forgot something.  That's what the Tayda ebay store is for.

Amen to that!!!