News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Started by culturejam, February 25, 2014, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justus

My wife likes the semi-reality singing shows...  American Idol (not as much), The Voice (better talent) and Glee (not reality at all).  She also likes The Bachelor/ette.  So I watch those with her sometimes, but mostly she just watches them when I'm not home or when I'm doing something else in the evening.

I like Arrow, Game of Thrones, Vikings, and NFL Football.  I also watch The League occasionally.  Most of those I watch when my wife isn't around or when she's doing something else.  Though I think I'm going to introduce her to Arrow pretty soon.  I think she'll like it.

The shows we watch together are The Big Bang Theory, Nashville and The Blacklist.

All of our shows are DVR'd so we can watch them at our leisure, and ffwd through commercials.  This works out well because we're still finishing up last season's runs of many of the shows, and the new seasons are just about ready to begin.  Speaking of new seasons, Gotham looks interesting...

culturejam

On the reality side of things, we've been watching a lot of naked stuff lately. Naked and Afraid is a great show. Not sure how real it is, but it seems semi-legit. Naked Dating is drama-fueled garbage, but it's a guilty pleasure.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

raulduke

Just finished Boardwalk Empire Season 4 (yeah I know I am behind, but I refuse to pay for Sky).

The ending actually brought a tear to my eye (I love that character).

Overall another great season, but not quite up there with 2+3 (2 was the best for me).

I'm looking forward to seeing how Season 5 pans out. I also hope there will be a lot more Van Alden  :)

stevie1556

Quote from: culturejam on September 09, 2014, 12:47:17 PM
On the reality side of things, we've been watching a lot of naked stuff lately. Naked and Afraid is a great show. Not sure how real it is, but it seems semi-legit.

That is a great show! Bear Grylls makes it look easy, that show makes me think I would last about 30 minutes! There was one guy, about 6 months after filming, was still really ill with about 3 or 4 serious things. Can't remember which episode (I've only seen a handful) but he got carried out half way though and the women finished and she was the record holder for spending most days on her own and finishing, but the before and after pictures of them does make me think it is real.

m-Kresol

I've just noticed that Bate's Motel already got a second season. Really dig the atmosphere of that series.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Govmnt_Lacky

Red Reddington is back TONIGHT! Wife and I are geeked!!! (Blacklist)

Haberdasher

i haven't really been watching anything lately, but i suppose i'll start on the blacklist again.

i did start watching a bbc show called utopia a few weeks ago.  i've only seen the 1st 2 episodes at this point, but it seems interesting.  sort of violent & quirky.  i might pick that up again at some point.

on another note, i'm not too excited to see colin farrell cast as the lead in the 2nd season of true detective.  i've never been a fan of his, but maybe the show itself will be good enough to overlook how utterly boring he is, lol.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

raulduke

Quote from: Haberdasher on September 22, 2014, 06:26:09 AM
i haven't really been watching anything lately, but i suppose i'll start on the blacklist again.

i did start watching a bbc show called utopia a few weeks ago.  i've only seen the 1st 2 episodes at this point, but it seems interesting.  sort of violent & quirky.  i might pick that up again at some point.

on another note, i'm not too excited to see colin farrell cast as the lead in the 2nd season of true detective.  i've never been a fan of his, but maybe the show itself will be good enough to overlook how utterly boring he is, lol.

Have you seen In Bruges?

If you haven't then watch it. It's awesome. It may change your opinion of him.

If you have seen it well.... there aren't that many films he's in that are good thinking about it (exc. minority report)  ;D

drolo

Quote from: raulduke on September 22, 2014, 06:32:14 AM
Have you seen In Bruges?

If you have seen it well.... there aren't that many films he's in that are good thinking about it (exc. minority report)  ;D

"The New Wolrd" from Terrence Malick wasn't bad. I like Malick films in general :-)

raulduke

Quote from: drolo on September 22, 2014, 06:39:11 AM
Have you seen In Bruges?

"The New Wolrd" from Terrence Malick wasn't bad. I like Malick films in general :-)
True it is an ok film.

But actors and dialogue are not Terence Malick's priorities. Shooting long scenes of trees and wildlife on the other hand...  ;D

drolo

True, let's say he was good at not standing in the way of the landscapes too much :-D

GermanCdn

I've fallen into a couple of shows on NetFlix over the summer

The Killing - pretty sure it's done now, but it was pretty well written and enjoyable to watch.  Constructed similarly (not in storyline, but the way they strung it together) to the first season of 24, where it's written in such a fashion as the season ender could very well be the series ender and there'd be no drop off.  Starting Season 3 tonight.

Bojack Horseman.  Dumb, just really dumb.  But Will Arnett is funny in pretty much whatever he does, and his character reminds me of a lot of people I work with.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Haberdasher

Quote from: Haberdasher on September 22, 2014, 06:26:09 AM

Have you seen In Bruges?

no, i have not seen in bruges.  iirc, i almost netflixed it back when i was a member, but a friend told me not to bother.  hmm, perhaps i got bad advice.  i'll see if i can check it out.

i didn't even remember he was in minority report lol.  i haven't seen that since it was new in theater.  seems like a long time ago now.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

raulduke

Sorry but your friend is wrong ;)

In Bruges is awesome.

It even has Brendan Gleason and peter dinklage in it for extra added awesome points.

micromegas

Quote from: raulduke on September 22, 2014, 07:25:20 AM
Sorry but your friend is wrong ;)

In Bruges is awesome.

It even has Brendan Gleason and peter dinklage in it for extra added awesome points.

awesome indeed, but Dinklage wasn't there, it was Jordan Prentice
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io