News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Belton...and reverb pedals in general.

Started by peAk, March 04, 2014, 04:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

So I built a BYOC reverb that used the Belton BTDR-2H. I am about to start a Rub-a-Dub that uses the Belton as well.

Just curious what other, if any, reverb PCBs are out there and if they all use the Belton.

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

GermanCdn

ThomasH has a nice reverb project as well.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

stevie1556

CJs Box of Hall uses one as well. I love my Rub-A-Dub though.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

juansolo

For me a Rub-a-Dub with a short brick and a Tenebrion with a medium are things of perfection.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

midwayfair

No PCB for it yet, but if you really want something different, ICE-9 and Slacker over on DIYSB finished his FV-1 project recently:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=104291.0

peAk

raulduke

The other option is to wait for some DIY projects for the new Belton Brick that has been released.

This incorporates variable decay so will be a lot more useful for pedal based 'verbs.

raulduke

Quote from: midwayfair on March 04, 2014, 05:54:30 AM
No PCB for it yet, but if you really want something different, ICE-9 and Slacker over on DIYSB finished his FV-1 project recently:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=104291.0

Holy Sh*t.

An FV1 DIYer friendly development package  8)

This looks awesome Jon, thanks for the link!

Just discovered the SpinCAD designer program too. Almost Reaktor like modular approach (no nasty assembler code)!

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GrindCustoms

Quote from: peAk on March 04, 2014, 06:14:10 AM
Ok, just ordered the Tenebrion.....

Thanks, for trying out our circuit.

As for the new Belton, nothing as been confirmed yet of when it's going in production, i've been waiting for it to release our new TenebrionII layout...

I have put together a new layout using the BTDR-2H for my production stuff but have decided to convert it to a DIY project.

CJ and I are currently working out the last details of this new release. Stay Tuned! ;)

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

micromegas

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 04, 2014, 10:31:45 AM

I have put together a new layout using the BTDR-2H for my production stuff but have decided to convert it to a DIY project.

CJ and I are currently working out the last details of this new release. Stay Tuned! ;)

Rej
Those are good news!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

mattlee0037

As for the new Belton, nothing as been confirmed yet of when it's going in production, i've been waiting for it to release our new TenebrionII layout...

Rej

Now I HAVE to buy another!

peAk

Rej

Cool, excited to check it out. Again, have only built the BYOC reverb so not sure how these reverbs will differ.

I know Juan mentioned he had a medium Belton in there but I am thinking about a using a long. Thoughts?

My only disappointment with the BYOC is that I had hoped for a longer, dreamier reverb. The BYOC is more of a slap-back. I do like it though.

GrindCustoms

I have'nt looked at the schematic of BYOC's reverb, but with the philosophy they sure wanted to emulate the fender in a box type of sound or the other classic verb tones in a simple package. It's probably able to give you longer «dreamer» reverb sounds, but you would need to modify the mixing stage of wet and dry signal because that is where it all happens with these circuits.

For my part, i mostly use the Medium Brick aswell, built couple one with the Long... i think the main matter about these is the inherant modulation that you will hear in the reverb «dwelling»...

IIRC LaceSensor did a nice mod thread about the Tenebrion in the Mod section of this forum where i've also chimed in.... once you have the pcb layout in hand wich i'm heading at the post office today and make your mind on how you want to tackle it.... feel free to PM me or send me an email for more info or idea you have and want to know if they are possible... I've probably built over 10 variants from that core circuit.

Cheers!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/