News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Random stuff

Started by madbean, March 24, 2011, 09:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Vinyl stickers, anyone? I'm not much on swag, but a sticker could be cool.

This worked out pretty well. The dimensions came out right and fit just how they need to. Too bad I reversed the sleeve and tip on the DC jack. Oh well, positive ground fuzz, population: you.

I bought this Pedaltrain thing like 5 weeks ago. I finally attached the Pedal Power to it. I think this is what I will put on there. I'm pretty sure the Flange is broken, though. Meh, no one will notice.

k.rock!

Whoa! This looks awesome dude! Pedalboard looks incredible...

Sign me up for a sticker and a fuzz board! Both are fantastic ideas.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Yesterday's work. 99% perfect etches! I've come a long way....
Now I have to drill them, cut, polish, clean, tin, polish, clean, bag, ship. Wheee!

A newish guitar: a Danelectro Baritone. This has on-board effects! The Chorus, Tremolo and Slap Back sound pretty good. The distortion is "stuck wah" poopiness. I have wanted a Bari for a long time....this one was a really good deal, too!

night-B

I love the fuzz board and your danelectro  ;)
Where did you found those cool transparent acryl chicken head knobs you have on your sunking?
They are awesome !

jkokura

I wish I had a Baritone guitar. No seriously. I played one into a princeton a while back, and that tone was unreal! Could be mine for just 499, but I couldn't shell it out. Not with baby number two on the way.

See what I just did there. I attempted the theft of Bean's thread with the announcement of my wife's pregnancy.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimmybjj

Brian, do you use the standard toner transfer method for making your pcbs? It's only method I've attempted because I don't need to buy alot of extra stuff, I've never got a perfect board there is always a small mess up.
Pcbs no longer available

aziltz

for the 3PDT/Jacks board, you could always just use the enclosure mounted DC jack and run wires to the board...

night-B

madbean

Yes, Jacob, that is great news! Congratulations!

madbean

Quote from: jimmybjj on March 24, 2011, 10:56:29 AM
Brian, do you use the standard toner transfer method for making your pcbs? It's only method I've attempted because I don't need to buy alot of extra stuff, I've never got a perfect board there is always a small mess up.

I use a modified process. Sterling Ultra Digital paper, iron and a laminator. This combination gives a very consistent result with practice.

night-B

Sorry for the knobs I meant Fatpants not the sunking...

k.rock!

Quote from: night-butterfly on March 24, 2011, 10:16:17 AM
Where did you found those cool transparent acryl chicken head knobs you have on your sunking?
They are awesome !

Hey Julien! This is the Build Report where Bean shared the link to those knobs:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=426.0

It has a little conversation about them over there already ;)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

lincolnic

Can you explain a bit more about that second picture? Is that whole thing a fuzz circuit?

I also wanted to put in a word about how awesome baritone guitars are. I'm left-handed, but no one makes lefty baritones, so a year or two ago I ordered one of Warmoth's baritone necks. I Frankensteined it onto a Strat I got for cheap on eBay...one of the best guitar decisions I've ever made.

night-B

Thanks Kaleb! I've missed that thread.