News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pulse Rife - Tap Tempo Tremolo

Started by Guybrush, March 11, 2014, 03:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hey

Here's my TTT build. Inspired by the Alien films again.

Had a nightmare building this one. One totally scrapped PCB and a shed load of unsoldering but got there in the end. Kind of.

I wasn't getting any effected signal so poked around with my audio probe and found that the wet signal was present at pin 7 of the IC so I just soldered the out wire to the underside of the pin. No idea how it's working but remarkably it is. Although I do get some horrible clicking in certain settings. I might look to fix it in the future but I'm done with it for now. Hope you like it.

Cheers

jubal81

WOW. This is my favorite TTT build so far. Really great aesthetic.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

midwayfair

Quote from: Guybrush on March 11, 2014, 03:08:51 PMso I just soldered the out wire

Whoa whoa whoa, please tell me you ALSO soldered a capacitor to that wire?

If you didn't DO SO IMMEDIATELY. You can kill some amps with 4.5DC on its input. Very dangerous. Even if you don't own an amp without an input cap, one of your friends might.

By the way, incredible looking build.

Guybrush

Sorry I should have said, I soldered a 1uF cap to the wire.  You can see it poking out of the right side of the board. Will that be sufficient? Nice catch Jon!

Forgot to say but thanks to Jacob for help with debugging.

Cheers for the kind words all.

selfdestroyer

I LOVE to be a fly on the wall when you did that enclosure. Glops and you have this style down pat and it just always comes out looking awesome. Is there anything you can say on the process?

Cody

lincolnic

You're killing it with the enclosure designs lately, GB.

billstein

That's awesome. Is it an etch? A decal? Faceplate?

Guybrush

Cheers guys!

The design was done in photoshop then printed onto transparent sticky paper. The grey areas (the text and boarders) are actually see through.

I really enjoy the design process. I seem to have more luck with that than I do with the soldering!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

raulduke

Really nice look to this one dude!

Nice work.

mshuptar

The graphics are awesome! Incredible!

gtr2

Love the style!  You killed it.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

peAk

wow, I friggin love that  :o

I am both inspired and depressed.

peAk

by the way.....

How do you like the transparent sticker paper compared to waterslide decals? I have been wanting to try the sticker paper.

Guybrush

I've never tried waterslide decals. I just got a local print shop to print the graphic onto A4 transparent sticker, cut it to size, stuck it on then carefully with a ruler and scalpel trimmed the edge down so there were no overhangs that could be accidently accidentally caught.

You've just got to be careful to get it on straight and ensure the holes for the pots etc line up.

Glad you like it!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk