Author Topic: I built a pedal!!  (Read 3407 times)

chromesphere

• Electron Doctor
  • Paul
    • View Profile
    • Chromesphere
Re: I built a pedal!!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 07:54:43 PM »
Oh yeah, I saw the perfboard but didn't click.  Seriously this has to be one of the biggest first build successes I've seen for quite a while.  1590a...perfboard...works and isn't a total mess...that's a awesome effort!
Pedal Parts Shop            Youtube

jimijam

• Solder Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »
fruit stripes. best chewing gum ever.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

lincolnic

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 10:26:49 PM »
Never in a million years did I expect to see a pedal painted like a pack of Fruit Stripes gum. Awesome.

Leevibe

• Electron Doctor
  • Lee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »
Great job! 1590a first build is ambitious! Keep it up bro.

upthepunxxx

• Solder Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 12:29:47 PM »
Thanks so much guys for all the positive comments, this place really is the best! However, I don't want to come off misleading. This was not my first build! I am really sorry if thats how I made it seem. I just logged back on to the forum to say hi to everyone and saw that I lead some people to believe this was my first build. That was not my intention, and I want to make sure no one gets the wrong idea about me. This is the 2nd time I built this circuit. I have built a couple other circuits but have only boxed up 3. So yes I am still really new to all this, but it wasn't my first, and I dont want to mislead any of you guys. However, it is really nice to read all the positive comments. So rad! This in an awesome community and I don't want to take advantage of that. I will say that this is my first pedal that I am actual comfortable with showing off, especially under the hood. I also think I need some work on the whole picture link thing. A couple people were having trouble viewing the photos. Hopefully I will have that figured out by next build. Honestly, I hope to have a lot more things figured out by my next build and continue to figure them out as each one goes by. But thanks again guys, and I hope we are all still cool.
Wake up and smell the noise!!

muddyfox

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 12:36:51 PM »

Either way, very cool enclosure (and apparently, quite yummy!)!

Leevibe

• Electron Doctor
  • Lee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 02:11:24 PM »
Thanks so much guys for all the positive comments, this place really is the best! However, I don't want to come off misleading. This was not my first build! I am really sorry if thats how I made it seem. I just logged back on to the forum to say hi to everyone and saw that I lead some people to believe this was my first build. That was not my intention, and I want to make sure no one gets the wrong idea about me. This is the 2nd time I built this circuit. I have built a couple other circuits but have only boxed up 3. So yes I am still really new to all this, but it wasn't my first, and I dont want to mislead any of you guys. However, it is really nice to read all the positive comments. So rad! This in an awesome community and I don't want to take advantage of that. I will say that this is my first pedal that I am actual comfortable with showing off, especially under the hood. I also think I need some work on the whole picture link thing. A couple people were having trouble viewing the photos. Hopefully I will have that figured out by next build. Honestly, I hope to have a lot more things figured out by my next build and continue to figure them out as each one goes by. But thanks again guys, and I hope we are all still cool.

No worries! You had me at fruit stripe

chromesphere

• Electron Doctor
  • Paul
    • View Profile
    • Chromesphere
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 03:25:50 PM »
1st 3rd or 10th, perf in 1590a's are incredibly tricky, well done all the same!

upthepunxxx

• Solder Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 04:04:48 PM »
1st 3rd or 10th, perf in 1590a's are incredibly tricky, well done all the same!

Thanks so much man! Seriously, the encouragement is epic! And I totally agree, those little guys are super tricky;)
I think I need to switch out the input jack to an enclosed jack tonight, as I seemed to be grounding out all of a sudden. Checked it out and it looks like I made everything a little too close for comfort!

chromesphere

• Electron Doctor
  • Paul
    • View Profile
    • Chromesphere
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 04:30:11 PM »
Prob not so much a problem with yours but I have found particularly with high gain pedals if the in/out jack tips are close you get made oscillation (as you would expect) so you have to rotate them away from each other.  Just a random thought I just had :D

upthepunxxx

• Solder Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 08:08:05 PM »

Prob not so much a problem with yours but I have found particularly with high gain pedals if the in/out jack tips are close you get made oscillation (as you would expect) so you have to rotate them away from each other.  Just a random thought I just had :D

I wish there was room! That's the problem , my drilling is horrendous and I drilled the in jack way too close to the switch so it's tough to rotate. However , I think you might be  on to something. I'm gonna take a look at it tonight and report back tomorrow. If  I ever finish this damn mix, and get to go home! Probably need to lay off the forums for a bit and get to work 😉
Thanks so much man, you are rad ass dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upthepunxxx

• Solder Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 09:26:34 PM »

Either way, very cool enclosure (and apparently, quite yummy!)!

Thanks so much my brotha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk