News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I built a pedal!!

Started by upthepunxxx, March 25, 2014, 11:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Oh yeah, I saw the perfboard but didn't click.  Seriously this has to be one of the biggest first build successes I've seen for quite a while.  1590a...perfboard...works and isn't a total mess...that's a awesome effort!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jimijam

fruit stripes. best chewing gum ever.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

lincolnic

Never in a million years did I expect to see a pedal painted like a pack of Fruit Stripes gum. Awesome.

Leevibe

Great job! 1590a first build is ambitious! Keep it up bro.

upthepunxxx

Thanks so much guys for all the positive comments, this place really is the best! However, I don't want to come off misleading. This was not my first build! I am really sorry if thats how I made it seem. I just logged back on to the forum to say hi to everyone and saw that I lead some people to believe this was my first build. That was not my intention, and I want to make sure no one gets the wrong idea about me. This is the 2nd time I built this circuit. I have built a couple other circuits but have only boxed up 3. So yes I am still really new to all this, but it wasn't my first, and I dont want to mislead any of you guys. However, it is really nice to read all the positive comments. So rad! This in an awesome community and I don't want to take advantage of that. I will say that this is my first pedal that I am actual comfortable with showing off, especially under the hood. I also think I need some work on the whole picture link thing. A couple people were having trouble viewing the photos. Hopefully I will have that figured out by next build. Honestly, I hope to have a lot more things figured out by my next build and continue to figure them out as each one goes by. But thanks again guys, and I hope we are all still cool.
Wake up and smell the noise!!

muddyfox

Either way, very cool enclosure (and apparently, quite yummy!)!

Leevibe

Quote from: upthepunxxx on March 26, 2014, 11:29:47 AM
Thanks so much guys for all the positive comments, this place really is the best! However, I don't want to come off misleading. This was not my first build! I am really sorry if thats how I made it seem. I just logged back on to the forum to say hi to everyone and saw that I lead some people to believe this was my first build. That was not my intention, and I want to make sure no one gets the wrong idea about me. This is the 2nd time I built this circuit. I have built a couple other circuits but have only boxed up 3. So yes I am still really new to all this, but it wasn't my first, and I dont want to mislead any of you guys. However, it is really nice to read all the positive comments. So rad! This in an awesome community and I don't want to take advantage of that. I will say that this is my first pedal that I am actual comfortable with showing off, especially under the hood. I also think I need some work on the whole picture link thing. A couple people were having trouble viewing the photos. Hopefully I will have that figured out by next build. Honestly, I hope to have a lot more things figured out by my next build and continue to figure them out as each one goes by. But thanks again guys, and I hope we are all still cool.

No worries! You had me at fruit stripe

chromesphere

1st 3rd or 10th, perf in 1590a's are incredibly tricky, well done all the same!

upthepunxxx

Quote from: chromesphere on March 26, 2014, 02:25:50 PM
1st 3rd or 10th, perf in 1590a's are incredibly tricky, well done all the same!

Thanks so much man! Seriously, the encouragement is epic! And I totally agree, those little guys are super tricky;)
I think I need to switch out the input jack to an enclosed jack tonight, as I seemed to be grounding out all of a sudden. Checked it out and it looks like I made everything a little too close for comfort!

chromesphere

Prob not so much a problem with yours but I have found particularly with high gain pedals if the in/out jack tips are close you get made oscillation (as you would expect) so you have to rotate them away from each other.  Just a random thought I just had :D

upthepunxxx

Quote from: chromesphere on March 26, 2014, 03:30:11 PM
Prob not so much a problem with yours but I have found particularly with high gain pedals if the in/out jack tips are close you get made oscillation (as you would expect) so you have to rotate them away from each other.  Just a random thought I just had :D

I wish there was room! That's the problem , my drilling is horrendous and I drilled the in jack way too close to the switch so it's tough to rotate. However , I think you might be  on to something. I'm gonna take a look at it tonight and report back tomorrow. If  I ever finish this damn mix, and get to go home! Probably need to lay off the forums for a bit and get to work 😉
Thanks so much man, you are rad ass dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upthepunxxx

Quote from: muddyfox on March 26, 2014, 11:36:51 AM

Either way, very cool enclosure (and apparently, quite yummy!)!

Thanks so much my brotha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk