News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Affiliation disclosure - a new thing

Started by madbean, April 03, 2014, 07:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevie1556

I'll update mine when I'm next on here on the laptop. I'm in the process of setting up a website selling parts for DIYers, mostly powder coated boxes, also going to be offering laser etched boxes as one of the several planned uses for the laser cutter. I also sell some pedals to guitar friends to make the hobby as self funding as possible.

madbean

I'm happy to add you in the Links section, Stevie, once you are rolling.

stevie1556

Quote from: madbean on August 05, 2014, 06:04:22 AM
I'm happy to add you in the Links section, Stevie, once you are rolling.
That would be greatly appreciated!

cooder

Have been making one-off pedals mainly, modded tubescreamers and the like, (under the name 'BigNoise Amplification'), some guitar repairs and the like locally, to finance the hobby and to save the day when money was tight and too many ends to meet.
Now back to mainly doing my own thing for enjoyment, only building stuff for sale on request/order (which translates to rarely/once in a blue moon).
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Quote from: cooder on August 05, 2014, 12:44:47 PM
Have been making one-off pedals mainly, modded tubescreamers and the like, (under the name 'BigNoise Amplification'), some guitar repairs and the like locally, to finance the hobby and to save the day when money was tight and too many ends to meet.
Now back to mainly doing my own thing for enjoyment, only building stuff for sale on request/order (which translates to rarely/once in a blue moon).
I think that describes us all.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: jimilee on August 05, 2014, 12:52:56 PM

+1  8)

sonarchotic

I edited this couple year old post because I have no audio biz. aspirations at this point. I do hope to have time to build some stuff and play more in the near future though.

juansolo

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 05, 2014, 04:13:39 PM
Quote from: jimilee on August 05, 2014, 12:52:56 PM

+1  8)

Pretty much. I only sell pedals to fund the hobby. I'm sporadic, expensive and largely unsuccessful at it ;) But the hobby is mostly cost neutral... mostly.

We work with Rej of GCFX, in a totally non-financial capacity. It's totally platonic you understand ;) Mainly to further the proliferation of DIY projects. Rully did the SuperJudge, and Thomas did the Boobtube also. Again all for the DIYage.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Guitarmageddon

Well, I barely qualify as a corporate threat to anyone, but I'm Ben aka "Captain Cod" of codtone, a one man pedal builder/full time Dad/part time fireman, sometimes guitar teacher and, of course, forever musician.
I have a few boards for sale, do some repairs and mods, but am mainly known for custom builds with etches.
Most of what I do is one-off stuff- which suits me fine, my definition of hell would be being hunched over a card table building the same circuit over and over and over again... :P
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

markeprice

Mark Price here.  I have been on the forum for maybe 6 months or so.  I have enjoyed making my own effects so much I have started a guitar pedal site called diyguitarpedal.com.  I mostly try to compare different manufacturers DIY PCB's and documentation for the curious DIY guitar pedal builder.  If I have bought and built that manufacturers DIY PCB, I let people know and give extra commentary about that.  I currently have about 12 projects in flight right now from AION Electronics, MadBeanPedals, GuitarPCB, Tonepad, AMZ, JMK and have my sights on many other projects from these and others like THCustom.  I also hope to make some pedals on request or small batches for sale sometime soon, though I have not yet.
Cuz they's made for Giggin!
Mark Price: owner frogpedals.com

stevie1556

Completely forgot about this thread! I've been building pedals for about 3 years now, and whatever pedal I've built, they always seemed to get pinched by friends or friends of friends. I used it as a way to try and make the hobby self funding, but when I had a knee operation last year and I was off sick for 3 months on basic pay, I started testing the waters with selling on eBay. Decided to give the bootweak market a go, mainly because I don't like the company I work for, and since I do a lot of powder coating and laser etched boxes for people (and a few builders, including a guy who sells loads), I thought it's silly not to if I've got all the kit.

Oh, I've also built about 12 phasers, not one of those buggers worked.

CodeMonk

Still exploring the site and found this thread so my sig is updated.

My affiliation with Smallbear is doing layouts for their DIY section.
I get a flat "fee" (in parts) so I can continue to build my own stuff.
He can sell 1 part related to my work or 1,000 parts, my benefits stay the same.
Not complaining, just making it known that if I mention Smallbear as a place to get X part, I don't get any "kickbacks"  :P
I'm quite satisfied with our arrangement.
But thats kind of on hold ATM as I have been too damn busy doing stuff around here for my mom, and after that I'm usually too damn tired to do anything but veg in front of the TV and hang around on forums and otherwise waste my time looking at cat gifs and crap.

Dalton Jones Electronics is me.
Unfortunately that one is on hold as well.
At least until I can get the funds together to actually do some proper builds :(
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :
Dalton Jones Electronics: Chief Tinkerer

Vallhagen

I should add up some info here too.

Since some time back, some of my designs are sold as kits and/or finnished boxes at Moody Sounds, https://moodysounds.se/ in sweden.

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

fenderbender

Hello, I'm affiliated with 45 RPM Amplification. We build guitar amps. The pedal building bit is not a part of that, for me, it's part of my personal, never ending quest for the perfect tone.  :-)
Good to be here!a
Best regards, Tommy J.
Tom

It sounded so good... And then it caught fire...

electricstorm

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I've been on the board due to work and life in general. Hope everyone is fine, just wanted to stop in to say hi and to, hopefully, update my signature per Brian's request.

I mainly tinker, reverse engineer, build a pedal for a friend once in a while, and try to answer questions or help others try to figure out issues with their builds when time allows. I'm not affiliated with any groups, organizations, wholesalers or retailers. Just visit the various boards and try to learn something new or build something that peaked my interest.

Take care all! I'll try to drop in when time allows or I retire from work.
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T