News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

my stuff

Started by Leevibe, April 03, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

OK, I've been on this forum since January and I've never done a build report. It's time to brave up. I have three pedals that I sell: The "Big Block" overdrive/boost, the "Vari-Trem" tremolo, and the "Small Block" boost.

Here's the Big Block. It's my own OD circuit coupled with an LPB1:

Stomptown gets credit for this incredible layout!! My previous version had three etched boards and an insane amount of off board wiring.

Here's the Vari-Trem. It's essentially an EA:

This is my first fabbed board version so it needs some tweaking to shrink the board and get everything to fit better. But it's WAY better than my older etched version.

This is my Small Block. It's an LPB1 in a 1590LB:

and for size comparison:

jubal81

Really great looking stuff. I like the mix of knobs.
If I had one suggestion, it might be to mount the knob for the small block on the side for worry-free stomping.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Leevibe

Quote from: jubal81 on April 03, 2014, 12:28:57 PM
Really great looking stuff. I like the mix of knobs.
If I had one suggestion, it might be to mount the knob for the small block on the side for worry-free stomping.

Thanks Jason. I mount the switch high and it does a remarkably good job of protecting the knob.

mattlee0037

Big Block looks like a sweet 'everything' dirt box!

micromegas

cool, love the finish, but the layouts are astounding !
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

peAk

Dude, very nice. Even down to the tilted 3DPTs and the way the wire slowly curves around the bend... :'(

Stomptown

It's about time you posted these for all to see! I've already told you but they look rad! I still marvel at the fact you fit a pedal into one of those tiny enclosures!  ;D

Leevibe

Quote from: Stomptown on April 03, 2014, 03:33:58 PM
It's about time you posted these for all to see! I've already told you but they look rad! I still marvel at the fact you fit a pedal into one of those tiny enclosures!  ;D

Thanks for getting me on the OSH park train! One day my layouts will approach what you've been able to do. Thanks again for the Big Block layout!

bcalla

selfdestroyer

Amazing builds. I love the graphics you used for the Big Block. Reminded me of a cool synth with the labeling you used. I have never been a fan of those knobs but on the Big Block they look great. Really ties the build together. Thanks for sharing your builds and hope to see more soon from you.

Cody

GrindCustoms

Really like the overall look of your stuff, well done.

Is the second jack on the Trem for an expression pedal for the Rate?
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Leevibe

Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 03, 2014, 04:02:14 PM
Really like the overall look of your stuff, well done.

Is the second jack on the Trem for an expression pedal for the Rate?

Exactly. The idea was originally kind of a tap tempo alternative but as soon as I built the first one I realized how musical it is to vary the trem rate in real time.

Leevibe

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 03, 2014, 03:45:33 PM
Amazing builds. I love the graphics you used for the Big Block. Reminded me of a cool synth with the labeling you used. I have never been a fan of those knobs but on the Big Block they look great. Really ties the build together. Thanks for sharing your builds and hope to see more soon from you.

Cody

Thanks Cody. Yeah, those knobs have to work in conjunction with the graphics to not look out of place. When I designed these I had 70's look/feel in mind. The reason the trem knobs are so huge is so they can easily be rolled with your feet. It works well. And I think they look better in real life than in pics. The orange is a lot prettier in real life for sure.

Jean-Rock

Great look, great branding, great design, great builds. That's winner !
Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

lincolnic

Man, you had no reason to be afraid of posting this stuff - it's great!