News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mammoth.. Underwhelmed

Started by Meowy, April 06, 2011, 07:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowy

I placed a small order for the first time with Mammoth recently. The shipping was as fast as anyone, but I am not impressed with quality.

I ordered 4 3PDT switches. 2 of them had a lug bent over at a 90 degree angle.

A finished 125B enclosure has visible sanding lines on every surface, especially the long sides

StompIt

I have dealt with Blake over at Mammoth on several issues and he is usually very responsive and really good about making things right.

Send him an email...

jkokura

I have heard so many varying opinions and experiences with all the different suppliers. Mammoth is relatively new, and I'm sure they're working on their quality and service.

We usually recommend that before you post an experience like this that you contact the supplier and try and work it out. We understand that you've had a bad experience, but most suppliers want to work things out for their customers, so try getting in contact with them and let them know what happened for you. I'm sure if you supplied some pictures, they'd happily try and make it right. I have had that experience with PPP, Smallbear, and Effects Connection in the past, and if I had to I would assume Mammoth would also do the same.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Meowy

I was not trying to bash Mammoth, but rather to share my experience. The previous poster said that he has dealt with Blake on *a number of issues*, so it would seem a yellow flag should be raised

The switches I bent back. No harm no foul, but the fact that 2 out of 4 switches were bent leaves me to wonder about quality in general

I did contact Mammoth and they gave me a small credit. Basically that is saying "we're very sorry that you were not satisfied. Give us another chance and we will credit you for your trouble, but if you are not going to buy from us again, then we are not going to do anything for you. "

The right thing to do is to provide me with a replacement that is not blemished (or refund my full purchase price) rather than trapping me to buy more in order to redeem my store credit.

blakemoth

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback! It continues to help us out and alert us of potential issues. We have not heard of any issues with our 3PDT switches, but we did recently talk with our supplier about upgrading the latching mechanism and epoxy strength. All should continue to go well with those switches!

Also, to agree with what was mentioned earlier, we will definitely work with you until we find a solution. It is our ultimate goal that every customer is satisfied with their orders, and that the shipping and presentation of your package is nothing short of extremely fast and extremely neat.

junkemail86

For what it's worth, I have ordered from Mammoth a few times (including several 3PDT switches) and have had great luck with them, with very fast shipping and no bent switches.  Most of the time I tend to go there first unless they don't have a component that I know another vendor has.  I also find the website to be better organized than some other suppliers.

Higgie

I've just bought a couple of GuitarPCB kits from Mammoth, so I'll be sure to post my findings when I receive them!
Bass Player and Pedal Enthusiast :)

jtn191

at first I had some issues with mixed up parts--but like most of the parts stores I've dealt with, they're very responsive to emails. Not many problems anymore  ;)

blakemoth

Hey Higgie! We have a few of the PCBs on backorder with the supplier, but as soon as we get those in, we'll get all of the kits out. If you haven't received a 'shipped' email yet, you will soon. The kit sale went very well, thanks to fun participants like you.

If you or anyone else need any assistance or have any questions, shoot me an email at sales@mammothelectronics.com. I'll do what I can to get back to you super fast.

Higgie

Quote from: blakemoth on June 23, 2011, 03:00:02 PM
Hey Higgie! We have a few of the PCBs on backorder with the supplier, but as soon as we get those in, we'll get all of the kits out. If you haven't received a 'shipped' email yet, you will soon. The kit sale went very well, thanks to fun participants like you.

If you or anyone else need any assistance or have any questions, shoot me an email at sales@mammothelectronics.com. I'll do what I can to get back to you super fast.

Hi Blake

Received my "Shipped" email today. Looking forward to putting these together!

Higgie

Went and picked up my Kits from the depot today and must say I'm impressed. The finishes on the pedals look great - A little rough round the edges of the holes but that will all be covered by knobs/jacks/switches so that's not a big deal to me.

I bought an OCD and Snow White Auto Wah kit. Wired up the OCD already and it sounds great. Only problem I have with it is the LED doesn't light! I tested it by probing with a battery snap and a 9v and it lights up, and I've tested my continuity in the circuit and it's all fine. Yet when I turn the pedal on, it sounds great, but no LED. Really stumped here!

I do have the crappest soldering Iron in the world though, so I'm gonna invest in a decent one before I attempt the Auto Wah!

All in all - Positive experience from Mammoth. I had to pay customs duty when they arrived (which is a bit of a shame as it pretty much negated me taking advantage of the sale) but other than that, I'm very happy. Thanks Blake!

Higgie

Quote from: Higgie on July 18, 2011, 11:32:28 PM
Went and picked up my Kits from the depot today and must say I'm impressed. The finishes on the pedals look great - A little rough round the edges of the holes but that will all be covered by knobs/jacks/switches so that's not a big deal to me.

I bought an OCD and Snow White Auto Wah kit. Wired up the OCD already and it sounds great. Only problem I have with it is the LED doesn't light! I tested it by probing with a battery snap and a 9v and it lights up, and I've tested my continuity in the circuit and it's all fine. Yet when I turn the pedal on, it sounds great, but no LED. Really stumped here!

I do have the crappest soldering Iron in the world though, so I'm gonna invest in a decent one before I attempt the Auto Wah!

All in all - Positive experience from Mammoth. I had to pay customs duty when they arrived (which is a bit of a shame as it pretty much negated me taking advantage of the sale) but other than that, I'm very happy. Thanks Blake!

Following up on my previous post - I just had a look at the SWAW kit just to make sure everything is there, and something pretty crucial to the build is missing - The PCB! I'm gonna get in contact with Blake now...

madbean

Oops!

On a side note: I need to build the SWAW. Autowahs rule.

Higgie

Me too - I'm a filter junkie! Had hundreds of the things, currently got an original Mutron III, DOD FX25, Subdecay Prometheus and Subdecay Proteus. Someone should definitely do an FX25 project. That would rule!

cjkbug

I've built that one. sounds really good." FUN-Kay !!! "
I got blisters on my fingers!!!