News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bax30 - HV Content - Clip!

Started by GrindCustoms, June 14, 2014, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Hi guys, here's another twin tube pedal based on the schem by Marauder/Juansolo.

It's the input/gain stage of a VoxAC30 sandwiched between 12AU7 buffers (cathode follower) at the input and output of gain stage that then goes into a 2Band Baxandall Eq.

I had previously built the lower voltage single tube version of this, this one for the moment is less gainier, kind of a mild OD with LOTS of tones shaping ability and a SHITONS of output. ;D

This one can be used as a drive pedal in front of an amp and it sounds amazing.

Picstory of the Bax30:

Enclosure layout, this time i've thinkered a little bit more about the input/output jacks and DC Jack, works better this way.

Ground bus done and a bit of wiring.

Most of the gain stage wiring is done, used some Mullard and Mustad for added mojo!  ;)

Baxandall hook up complete, i used standard pedal caps here for real estate matter.

Input Buffer stage done.

Output buffer done as all the tube related stuff.

This is the 12AU7 used for this built, on top of sounding great, it looks damn cool!

The Final!

Shielded wire used for all the ins and outs.

Soundclip will happen some time tomorrow!

Rej

Bax30 Crap Clip!

Vox AC30 input stage with Input/Output tube buffer with Baxandall 2Band Eq

Gain stage tube: Brimar 6BR7
In/Out buffer tube: RTT 12AU7

Guitar: Schecter Tempest Custom w/Suhr Aldrich Humbuckers, both pickup position. Tuned 2 whole step lower.
Signal chain:
Guitar --» Klonish Buffer --» GCFX RottenKomp --» GCFX Catch22 OD --» Bax30 --» Decimator (filtering, no gating) --» Mesa Mark IV Clean Channel --» FX Loop (Ibanez AD9 --» RaD DLX Reverb) --» iPhone w/Tascam iM2

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jubal81

Wower! What a beast. Can't wait to hear it.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

peAk

that may be one of the coolest things I have ever seen  :o

stecykmi

lincolnic

Rej, you are a certified badass...and a lunatic. Can't wait to hear this thing.

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys, repeating myself here, but these are so much fun to put together.

Having a PCB for these will be great, but.... PTP is rewarding, give it a try! ;)

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

MarcFive

What, no effects loop? :) Sheesh. That's freaking awesome. Can't wait to hear it.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

sonarchotic

Quote from: lincolnic on June 14, 2014, 08:38:11 PM
Rej, you are a certified badass...and a lunatic. Can't wait to hear this thing.
+1
Amazing looking project!

marauder

Can't believe you finished it before we did!

davent

Love seeing others build process/work, thanks for sharing!
Great looking pedal!
dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

cooder

Man, your pumping out awesomeness in bunches...! Any chance of putting the schematics for your projects up and even dreaming of fabbed boards for these.... :o
BigNoise Amplification

GrindCustoms

Thanks again guys!

Quote from: cooder on June 15, 2014, 11:57:30 AM
Man, your pumping out awesomeness in bunches...! Any chance of putting the schematics for your projects up and even dreaming of fabbed boards for these.... :o

These circuits other than the 1W power amp i did are made from the schematic made by Juansolo and Marauder you can find them in the tube section of their website.

But YES! PCB layouts are in the work for these circuits and PSU wich will be offered as a full kit (couple non-common parts, will be easier that way).

Marauder is actually working on another preamp circuit and if time allows, i'll probably have more work done on the Fender VibroKing that i've been lurking at the whole last week.

The whole tube thing is taking me over... we're far from seeing the end of all this! ;)

Quote from: marauder on June 15, 2014, 10:09:53 AM
Can't believe you finished it before we did!

Now you know that you must not send me the schem before you have yours boxed! :P

Thanks for the hardwork and help bro! 8)

Quote from: MarcFive on June 15, 2014, 01:25:42 AM
What, no effects loop?

Hmmm.... i think i don't get it...., would you put an effect loop in a TubeScreamer? :o

juansolo

Quote from: GrindCustoms on June 15, 2014, 12:26:18 PM
These circuits other than the 1W power amp i did are made from the schematic made by Juansolo and Marauder you can find them in the tube section of their website.

Not quite, I haven't taken Cleggy's hand drawn stuff and made it pretty yet ;) It'll be up after ours is put together (later this week). Working from them at the mo.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk