News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help! Cave Dweller + Taptation only has one repeat!

Started by brand0nized, August 05, 2014, 11:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Ahh, vero is hit or miss. All your components are correct and correct placement? The resistors are easy to mess up, an r where a k should be and vice versa.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

brand0nized

I will double check, but as of right now, I'm 90% sure! but that's relative to my inexperience ;p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brand0nized

Now I'm pretty darn sure of my components.

My Cave Dweller worked before I added the taptation, so I'm guessing it must be the taptation board.

The Cave Dweller layout has a 5.1k resistor coming from pin 6 of the PT2399, should I be connecting that resistor to where the taptation is supposed to go to pin 6?

jimilee

Quote from: brand0nized on August 08, 2014, 04:01:29 PM
Now I'm pretty darn sure of my components.

My Cave Dweller worked before I added the taptation, so I'm guessing it must be the taptation board.

The Cave Dweller layout has a 5.1k resistor coming from pin 6 of the PT2399, should I be connecting that resistor to where the taptation is supposed to go to pin 6?
i would put it in between pin 6 and the resistor, or directly to pin 6.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

brand0nized

Just to clarify, I meant that I took out the resistor when implementing the taptation so I could connect the board straight to pin 6, so now I'm wondering if that resistor needs to be put back in between pin 6 and the taptation board

jimilee

I'd say so. Nothing mentioned removing it. It could be vital.

jjanssen1

Hi,
I checked on the JMK PCB's taptation implementation guide and it says to not connect the resistor next to pin six and solder the wire directly onto the pin 6 of the PT2399. It also said to not connect the time pot.
Hope this helps
Joshua
P.S here's the link
jmkpcbs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Taptation-Implementation-Document.pdf
+[----->+++<]>+.+.[--->+<]>---.---[->++<]>.++[--->++<]>+.

brand0nized

Thanks for checking, Joshua, I didn't realize the JMK doc mentioned the a Cave Dweller specifically. Well, that leaves me back at square one