News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PhD in Klon studies

Started by electricb, August 29, 2014, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Quote from: electricb on August 29, 2014, 05:04:17 PM
I haven't been following all the Silver Pony/Klon discussion very closely and just briefly checked in on the Klone Science thread when I came across this article:

Still have to read the article, but I'd say white pony is more appropriate, for all the mystique and bullshit surrounding the Klon.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

mgwhit

Quote from: madbean on August 30, 2014, 12:33:04 AM
Are you sure? Your forum pedigree suggests otherwise.

Nice!

(I spent about four minutes staring at his profile going "WTF is Bean talking about...?")

lincolnic

Quote from: PhiloB on August 30, 2014, 12:06:07 AM
If you stare intensely at the article for 2 min and then quickly look away you can see card tables!  Works best if you look at a solid color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all the (well-deserved!) talk about how great that article is, I wanted to make sure this joke didn't go unappreciated either.

juansolo

Interesting read there fella. It somewhat adds to the mystique though even though it sets out to clarify things, but the sentiment was there and it cuts through a great deal of the bullshit. However, if you read the article with your TGP head on: As it's now been shown that not all Klons are the same, which one is the best? Which one will become the holy grail of holy grails? Which one will you have to sell your car to buy? Which one will be worth the most when I come to sell?
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

midwayfair

mremic02

Quote from: juansolo on August 30, 2014, 09:23:23 AM
Interesting read there fella. It somewhat adds to the mystique though even though it sets out to clarify things, but the sentiment was there and it cuts through a great deal of the bullshit. However, if you read the article with your TGP head on: As it's now been shown that not all Klons are the same, which one is the best? Which one will become the holy grail of holy grails? Which one will you have to sell your car to buy? Which one will be worth the most when I come to sell?

Well, I'm still trying to figure out just how much the same they really are. The KTRs all seem to be the same, and support the S698 tracing. Instead of the whole 'Gold is better than Silver' spiel, the situation seems to be that Keith's Silver is just a weird one meant for review that got out onto the used market. Everything else supports Bill's claim that they're all the same under the hood. But we'll never know for sure until people start ripping their Centaurs apart. There's only so much you can learn from the edge of the goop.

So when I sign in under mremic01, I can only see the hosted support forums. Did I get banned for flying too close to the sun(king)?

Scruffie

Quote from: mremic02 on August 30, 2014, 04:26:26 PM
So when I sign in under mremic01, I can only see the hosted support forums. Did I get banned for flying too close to the sun(king)?
I think Bean just made a clerical booboo when he was playing with your other account ;)

This is why we can't have nice things.
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

Quote from: Scruffie on August 30, 2014, 04:31:34 PM
Quote from: mremic02 on August 30, 2014, 04:26:26 PM
I think Bean just made a clerical booboo when he was playing with your other account ;)

This is why we can't have nice things.

Huh, that should not have happened at all. Well, I removed the tag so everything should be back to normal now.

mremic01

Cool, I can see things again.

Just pulled the trigger on a KTR for tracing purposes. You'll never guess the serial on it.

juansolo

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

mremic01

Quote from: juansolo on August 30, 2014, 06:10:44 PM
10001110101?

Dude, you're giving me subnetting flashbacks. Needs more octets.

It's KTR 0698.

jubal81

Quote from: juansolo on August 30, 2014, 06:10:44 PM
10001110101?

Dammit, John. That song's going to be stuck in my head all day.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

pickdropper

Quote from: Scruffie on August 30, 2014, 06:15:30 PM
867-5309?

No, that serial appears on a special version with a multicolor enclosure.  Two-tone to be specific.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper