News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ninblendo - Nintendo themed Fender Blender from JMK

Started by Guybrush, November 15, 2014, 05:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hey all

Here's my latest build. It's a JMK Flender. Always wanted to build a Nintendo themed pedal and thought this one would fit the bill.

The stomp switches being that close to each other isn't as much of a problem as I though it would be

It was no easy task fitting this into this sized enclosure. I forgot to take a gut shot but they are as always awful. I'm passed trying to make them neat. I just can't do it. Call me shallow but its all about the looks for me ;)

I used 10mm LEDs for the 'buttons'.

It sounds great or awful depending on your take in these kind of things. I love it. The octave on/off switch gives a whole new flavour of sounds. Really worthwhile adding this simple mod.  Thanks to Guitarmageddon and Jacob for their help with this.

One thing I have noticed is that the volume knob only affects the wet signal. With the blend knob rolled right off you only get dry signal and the volume knob doesn't do anything. Even with it at minimum you still get a (significantly louder than unity) dry signal. Not sure if this is normal for this circuit.

Cheers

lincolnic

Oh my god, I love this so much. This is my new favorite build of yours by far -- you're going to enter it in the contest, right?

m-Kresol

oh my freakin' god, this is so awesome!! I never thought about making a pedal in a controller look but the NES controller fits it perfectly.
With a pedal that awesome outside, who cares about the guts?

and also, nice post to graduate to electron doctor guybrush!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

Never been keen on nintendo (partly because they tend to just re-release old Mario and Zelda games and add a new suffix), but that really does look very spiffy :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

murdog47

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start

cooder

Really hot man! An d so cool at the same time, and the name is just perfect... 8)
BigNoise Amplification

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Hogharry

Great idea, beautifully made. A lot of thought went into that.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Stomptown

Sweet! Do you have to blow on if to make it work! 😜

Stomptown

Guybrush

Thanks for the kind words guys. All greatly appreciated.

I'll be honest and say I'm not aware of the contest. What do I have to do to enter?

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

selfdestroyer

Executed perfectly. Love the whole idea for sure. Came out perfect.

Cody