News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Schumann PLL clone

Started by glops, December 14, 2014, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glops

Built this awhile back. Had a couple of these board for a good while. While building this one, I have had a breadboard version going, as well, so there's a few mods that sound better (or are more noticeable) on the breadboard version. The pedal sounds good but maybe just ok for such a huge footprint. I have been tweaking the breadboard version for over a year and a half or so and have always wanted to find a better version to box, but it has been too daunting or undecided. Really fun and fun at certain settings but definitely a circuit that could be refined for the better.

The box is a working version with a megalith on the back end. Gonna switch out the Megalith for a tone machine eventually.

The guts are also quite messy, had to redo everything after the first population since it didn't work but it works and was a little adventure...

alanp

:o Wow. (And it's still tidier than the original's guts!) Mine is still dead, there's a short to ground somewhere right at the start.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

That enclosure makes me so, so happy. All hail glops!

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

juansolo

Loving the etch, style and vibe of that.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

micromegas

Wow! This thing is saying "move my knobs". Love your etches and designs dude.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

raulduke

That design and etch is amazing.

Top work dude!

Mat

Man, I love that design... Inspiring!

Luke51411

Looks like something out of Starwars! Very cool.

Leevibe

The rebel smugglers called. They want their control panel module back!

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

glops

Thanks everyone! I really wish I would have done it in black, I think it's too much red for me. I do have another board so I will probably make another one someday. I love the huge box, though.

selfdestroyer

This is one of my favorite ones of yours Glops. I love the red! Another for my inspiration folder for sure.

Cody

davent

No way of dating when this may have been made, is this from our future, is this a relic from the past? So cool! Always love the vision and execution of your builds Glops!

I've two of those boards as well... what to do?
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?