Author Topic: Pedalboard pics megathread  (Read 51755 times)

Marshall Arts

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
Re: Pedalboard pics megathread
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2019, 02:01:58 PM »

Update: With the release of the HX Stomp firmware version 2.8 earlier this year, Line 6 added the Zendrive (Dhyana Drive), the Prince of Tone (Heir Apparent) and the King of Tone (Tone Sovereign). I was able to compare my "Queen of Bone" with the Tone Sovereign, and while it is different, it's hard to tell which one is better. Hard stuff for an analog believer like me ;-)

Ultimately, I removed the Queen of Bone and replaced it in my patches with its digital brother. The HX is controlled with my Eoo3 Midi controller, that also switches my amp's channels. I also created some really convincing new patches that use the zendrive into the litigator (Dumble Clone) and go straight to the Engl Ironball's return jack.

With the space no longer needed, I could move the vocal processor to the top deck.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 02:03:45 PM by Marshall Arts »

Willybomb

• Electron Doctor
  • Willy, not really a bomb.
    • View Profile
    • RockStarGuitar
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2020, 04:14:17 AM »
Current board.  Chain is - tuner, Naughtyfish, wah, Lightspeed, Magnum opus, HT-dual, Stealth, Endgame.  Powered by a CIOKS AC10.

Looking to replace the Endgame/Stealth combo with a Zoom G3x, possibly.  Not sure which of the HT or Magnum will stay on the board.  The Magnum Opus can get HT drive levels, and cop the sound too.

dawson

• Transistor Tickler
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2020, 03:49:21 PM »
Current board.  Chain is - tuner, Naughtyfish, wah, Lightspeed, Magnum opus, HT-dual, Stealth, Endgame.  Powered by a CIOKS AC10.

Looking to replace the Endgame/Stealth combo with a Zoom G3x, possibly.  Not sure which of the HT or Magnum will stay on the board.  The Magnum Opus can get HT drive levels, and cop the sound too.

^Hey Willy- cool 'Board!  Is that a tap-tempo delay that's part of your "Stealth" effect?  I don't use my massive DL-4 enough to justify bringing it with me on my pedalboard everywhere, but I really miss the tap-tempo function, so I'm looking for a smaller project I can build- any help would be..quite helpful!

Willybomb

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
    • RockStarGuitar
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2020, 06:05:24 PM »
Is that a tap-tempo delay that's part of your "Stealth" effect?

Yep.  It's a Mimik, iirc, might be a DBD, using this tap pcb:
https://www.uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=1797

I've also used it in my Space Station multi.

dawson

• Transistor Tickler
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2020, 06:50:39 PM »
Yep.  It's a Mimik, iirc, might be a DBD, using this tap pcb:
https://www.uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=1797

I've also used it in my Space Station multi.

^Thank you!

pgodfrin

• Diode Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2020, 05:53:39 PM »
I'm a sax player. The Voco Loco takes the mic signal and converts it to low-z 1/4 in. Oh yeah, I made the pedal board out of aluminum stock.

Willybomb

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
    • RockStarGuitar
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2020, 03:10:17 AM »
Well.... that didn't last long.  Decided the HT-dual was possibly flaking again, realised I never used phaser, and the Rubadub reverb doesn't play great with the tap tempo (it's not connected, but the reverb seems to take some clocking from it) and I never used the delay either, so that's set for a reverb type thing for solos....