News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalboard pics megathread

Started by madbean, December 19, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Dminner wins, we can all go home. Shut 'er down. Your designs are great! So cool that so many of us could contribute to your pedalboard!

jimilee

Quote from: lrgaraujo on May 04, 2015, 05:51:50 PM
Quote from: Dminner on May 04, 2015, 05:23:13 PM
Thanks to all you guys that helped make it happen.  All pedals were built in collaboration with madbean members :) (aside from the volume pedal).

So close to finishing. Almost wired up but ran out of patch cables for the volume pedal.

My goodness, that's amazing!
Massive, and impressive looking. Do you play with a band or out anywhere? Love to hear some.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

I'm so proud to be a part of that pedalboard!

And, uh, sorry again for breaking the streak of top-mounted jacks.  ;D

Dminner

Quote from: jimilee on May 04, 2015, 07:43:08 PM
Massive, and impressive looking. Do you play with a band or out anywhere? Love to hear some.

I wish...we had a full band for awhile and then had a singer move to Seattle out of no where, as well as a drummer move to Chicago.  We were basically just a group of buddies that played and with those two gone it is down to me, a rythmn player, and a bass player. We still jam and write most weekends, but just at the house, and just for fun. We have lots of stuff written and have tried to find another drummer, but we cant find one we like...The last guy was just a friend, and actually a guitar player (not a drummer), he just wanted to come hang out so he started playing drums with us.  He was perfect because we actually loved how simple and different the drumming was (a guitar player playing drums).  Now everytime we have someone come play drums they try to hard (for lack of a better work, it is just different I guess) and over-complicate the sound that we liked so much from the other guy...needless to say, we are still kind looking for the right guy again, but the whole thing is just for fun now. 

Actually, when I first came one here I just had the idea to build a few (4-5) key pedals that I really needed. BUT, then I started having fun (I don't get to do any graphic design stuff at my job), it was a new art outlet for me, and I got to build my board at the same time. You all got me addicited, and that is where I am at now.

So yeah, that was an incredibly long winded answer for "no."  we have been talking about recording some stuff on the onle 8-track again though haha.  And if we do, I make sure to post some of it.

Quote from: lincolnic on May 04, 2015, 08:19:30 PM
I'm so proud to be a part of that pedalboard!

And, uh, sorry again for breaking the streak of top-mounted jacks.  ;D

Actually, it is OK man.  The arcadiator belongs at the front of the chain, IMO.  It is just residing there temporarily (until I get another pedal back).  Then I will probably run it in the every front, off of the board, where side-mounted jacks don't matter ;)

lincolnic

Quote from: Dminner on May 04, 2015, 08:43:55 PM
Actually, it is OK man.  The arcadiator belongs at the front of the chain, IMO.  It is just residing there temporarily (until I get another pedal back).  Then I will probably run it in the every front, off of the board, where side-mounted jacks don't matter ;)

Sure, you need it at the front of the chain because it's always on, right?  8)

Dminner

Quote from: lincolnic on May 04, 2015, 08:47:35 PM
Quote from: Dminner on May 04, 2015, 08:43:55 PM

Sure, you need it at the front of the chain because it's always on, right?  8)

Haha. The only one that likely stays on all the time is the supro part of the dirt controller.  I love that sound :) 

I like the arcardian in the front because I can play with running the signal generated on is own through the different effects. Plus, it is loud, and I can harness the volume with the other effects lol.

I am still experimenting with order though. The one thing that I dig right now is actually the hogweed into the superuex deluxe of the dirt controller. The order of those two will definitely stay :)

Willybomb

playpunk

Please post that over at tgp at the "DIY pedals not from kits" just to get some snob love

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Luke51411

You've somehow managed to not only put together the greatest looking collection of pedals but also possibly the coolest collection of circuits 8)

madbean

A few tweaks on my board. Unfortunately I can't show my new favorite yet :(

Pretty soon I'm going to design and construct a new board that's mostly DIY builds. This one is for my most bestest commercial pedals.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on May 06, 2015, 08:34:52 AM
A few tweaks on my board. Unfortunately I can't show my new favorite yet :(

Pretty soon I'm going to design and construct a new board that's mostly DIY builds. This one is for my most bestest commercial pedals.
how do you like the b9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

I like it very much! Very useful tones, IMO. However, it doesn't seem to play with the 100mA output on the PP+ supply. So, I guess I may have to upgrade that eventually.

jkokura

I run a Voodoo Labs 4x4 to power my Timeline/BigSky combo Brian. It works great, and has lots of outputs for other big high power effects. it's also about the same size as a PP2+ and fits under the Pedaltrain boards easily.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gorditas

This is the pedalboard I recently finished. I wanted to build something with a switcher to make it easier to demo pedals with friends. The Boss ES-8 allows you to change effects order, has midi control, and allows you to customize the buttons on the panel. I built all of the drives and the compressor.  I also soldered every single cable on the board, which is a Trailer Trash 28x16:

The outputs, midi connection, and a courtesy 9V to demo off-board pedals.

Willybomb

So, it turns out I can fit more on my pedalboard.  Sorry about the crappy phone photo.  I'll clean up the routing later.