News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Doppleganger 2.1d

Started by dont-tase-me-bro, January 03, 2015, 02:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dont-tase-me-bro

Guitar goes through but the there is no effect.  The LEDs with the LDR's do not lite up, I have not yet installed the other three status LED's.  I took voltage readings on all ICs, where it is labeled "crazy" below, the meter was jumping all over the place.  It does pass a clean signal.

I also included a picture of the two black plastic jacks.  I had never used them before, but think they are done right.

IC 1

1  4.06
2  4.06
3  4.06
4  8.14
5  crazy
6  crazy
7  crazy
8  crazy
9  crazy
10  crazy
11  0.3 mv
12  crazy
13  crazy
14  crazy

IC 2

1  crazy
2  crazy
3  crazy
4  0.3 mv
5  crazy
6  crazy
7  crazy
8  8.14v

IC 3

1  3.80
2  3.78
3  3.78
4  7.61
5  3.77
6  3.81
7  3.80
8  3.80
9  3.78
10  3.78
11  0.3 mv
12  3.76
13  3.81
14  3.81

IC4
1  3.81
2  3.81
3  2.86
4  0.2 mv
5  3.8
6  3.8
7  3.81
8  7.61

Thanks,
Pat
I thought this would save me money.

LaceSensor

Those jacks look right, voltages who knows as so much crazy...

Post detailed pcb shots next...

Are the footswitches all wired up ?

dont-tase-me-bro

dont-tase-me-bro

dont-tase-me-bro

jacks. not sure if these are the culprit.  they may be a bit of a hack job.  I made this one as soon as they came out, and maybe should not have as my noobness was in high gear.  the shielded cable on the middle one definitely needs a piece of tape on it the end

LaceSensor

all your green LEDs are incorrectly oriented

LaceSensor

Quote from: dont-tase-me-bro on January 03, 2015, 03:47:36 PM
jacks. not sure if these are the culprit.  they may be a bit of a hack job.  I made this one as soon as they came out, and maybe should not have as my noobness was in high gear.  the shielded cable on the middle one definitely needs a piece of tape on it the end

those footswitchs if the shield is grounded one end and the shiled is frayed and shorting the lug on the footswitch thatll cause an issue too

LaceSensor

also until you are sure the switching jacks for the pedal cv inputs are correct, just jumper the pads on the PCB...

IF these are wrong in any way, that will kill the LFO and stop it sweeping up and down

FWIW though first thing is to spin all the phase shift LEDs 180 degreess....im 99% sure thats the error

dont-tase-me-bro

thank you.  i will bend them the other way now and see if that does it.  thanks for your help.

LaceSensor

they should at least light up (!) ;)

let me know

dont-tase-me-bro

Flipped them.  That was it.  I'll have to try out all the other stuff, but it fired right up and sounds great.  Thanks again.

LaceSensor

Quote from: dont-tase-me-bro on January 03, 2015, 04:18:05 PM
Flipped them.  That was it.  I'll have to try out all the other stuff, but it fired right up and sounds great.  Thanks again.

easy win  8)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: dont-tase-me-bro on January 03, 2015, 04:18:05 PM

Don't feel bad, mine was in the "not working" bin and I had the exact same problem. Can't wait to see your compete. Mine should be boxed up next week.

Cody

blearyeyes

Yea, had my LEDs backwards as well...

Great pedal!

LaceSensor

The LEd flat side is shown on the silk screen graphic...

I had no idea people were having issues related to simply that (!)  8)