News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

05.30 - Inventory Reduction Sale, New Fabbed Boards

Started by madbean, May 30, 2011, 03:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The DirtBag is still happening. The layout is almost finished.

JakeFuzz

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: madbean on June 01, 2011, 12:51:27 AM

Now thats what I wanted to hear!  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gtr2

Is it using the v3205's?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Quote from: gtr2 on June 01, 2011, 11:12:07 AM

Is it using the v3205's?

No, this is the real deal MN3005 version.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: madbean on June 01, 2011, 11:42:54 AM
No, this is the real deal MN3005 version.

Good thing that BYOC opened their store making it much easier!!! I am curious about the pricing though.
Unless you can lead us to a good source  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

madbean

Super cool new black boards! And, no pot wiring required, if'n you want.

[attachment deleted by admin]

plesur

It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.

night-B

COOL ! Even if I ordered a lot of boards this week I was hoping to build a fuzz face, so I'll sure put another order  ::)
What's different between the old zygote boards and the new mangler?
I've got a lot of cool germ nos trannies to try  :)

madbean

The Mangler is pretty much the original Zygote. So, it's a straight-up FF. The only extra is the trimmer for biasing. I also included a little "test" pad that you can poke your DMM into to read the biasing voltage. This is a little easier than trying to take readings off the transistor leads.

The only reason I didn't call it the "Zygote" is that the most recent iteration of it had a lot of extra mods and stuff with it, and I don't want people to get confused thinking that this new one is a fabbed version of that Zygote. This one is bare-bones, high quality and cheap!

k.rock!

Quote from: madbean on June 01, 2011, 01:04:49 PM
The Mangler is pretty much the original Zygote. So, it's a straight-up FF. The only extra is the trimmer for biasing. I also included a little "test" pad that you can poke your DMM into to read the biasing voltage. This is a little easier than trying to take readings off the transistor leads.

The only reason I didn't call it the "Zygote" is that the most recent iteration of it had a lot of extra mods and stuff with it, and I don't want people to get confused thinking that this new one is a fabbed version of that Zygote. This one is bare-bones, high quality and cheap!

I have to say, I'm pretty excited about building this. I've been recently tinkering with some fuzz sounds in my POD X3 live (I've never owned a real fuzz pedal before :() and I've been digging the fuzz face a LOT! So yeah....I ordered one yesterday so I'm counting the days until it's here! :D

Thanks Brian! You rock!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

redbean

Quote from: madbean on June 01, 2011, 12:03:06 PM
Super cool new black boards! And, no pot wiring required, if'n you want.

Beautiful work Brian. I can't wait to receive the Bloviator!... can't wait for your new projects too.  ;D
es là-bas!!

thetrend77

Any word on when the new build instructions for the Double Flush will be available?

madbean

Quote from: thetrend77 on June 01, 2011, 04:04:23 PM
Any word on when the new build instructions for the Double Flush will be available?

My plan is tomorrow afternoon after a very long morning of bagging and tagging orders due out.