News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Whiskey River: STM800

Started by jubal81, February 02, 2015, 06:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Did you trial it so far into poweramp input (bypassing pre amp) or into pre amp of tube amp and how did the volume output work out?
BigNoise Amplification

m-Kresol

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on February 02, 2015, 11:55:37 PM
Looks awesome Jason.  I've got mine populated, just need to find the time to build it.
Where did you get those tube protectors.  I've seen some on eBay but they come from China and I have doubts about the quality and finish of those...

banzai caries them: http://www.banzaimusic.com/Silver-tube-cage.html
Beautiful, but pricey. I guess, you could DIY them too
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Hexjibber

That is farking awesome dude! Amazing inside and out!

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

brejna

luks999

outstanding :)
love the tube-lights :)
wheres the pcb available? couldnt find it in the grindcustoms store...

luks999

btw: i notice people are now into tubes ;) since tube-builds are in, how about a tube vibe? looking forward to such a project :) (guess some peope have it in their minds)

Hogharry

Just stunning! :o I've not even started mine yet.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

jubal81

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on February 02, 2015, 11:55:37 PM
Looks awesome Jason.  I've got mine populated, just need to find the time to build it.
Where did you get those tube protectors.  I've seen some on eBay but they come from China and I have doubts about the quality and finish of those...

They're China eBay guards. Took a couple weeks to get here. I knew I'd be building one months ago, so I had time to gather everything. The faceplate was etched a couple months ago.

Quote from: cooder on February 03, 2015, 12:05:02 AM
Did you trial it so far into poweramp input (bypassing pre amp) or into pre amp of tube amp and how did the volume output work out?

My amp doesn't have a loop, so I used a 100KA master pot and been running it right into the input/preamp. There's a lot of output available, but it's not drastically more than a lot of other solid state drive boxes I've built.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

chuckbuick

Beautiful build.  Those protectors are great, too.  Well done, man.

Luke51411

Great build! Exciting seeing some Tubez light up!!! It will be fun seeing all the build reports trickle through! I gotta get started on mine.

Quote from: luks999 on February 03, 2015, 01:49:36 AM
btw: i notice people are now into tubes ;) since tube-builds are in, how about a tube vibe? looking forward to such a project :) (guess some peope have it in their minds)
Frequency Central did that a while back with sub mini tubes over on DIYSB. I think it was called the vibra caster or vintage vibe or something like that. I don't know if there was ever a pcb made or anything but I remember multiple layouts and veros for it.

billstein

midwayfair

pickdropper

That is pretty amazing.  It's a great effort from top to bottom.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Coda-effects

This is sooo cool !
I love the etch background design