Author Topic: Just Sayin - the soapbox thread part 2  (Read 4596 times)

HKimball

• Transistor Tickler
    • View Profile
Re: Just Sayin - the soapbox thread part 2
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 07:33:14 PM »
What pisses me off is when people refer to mayonnaise as ailoi... It's not garlic aioli you pig it's flavored mayonnaise. Don't pretend it's healthy because it has an Italian sounding name.

Aside from that sriracha is great but really easy to make yourself and adjust the ingredients. I really like sriracha made with green jalapenos and carrots for example.

Chimichurri is also amazing. As is a good mustard sauce. I don't know how many people here have had a chance to try a good mustard style bbq sauce but it's far and away my favorite for pork, rice, French fries, you name it.

pickdropper

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 08:04:01 PM »
A real Aioli is more than just mayo with an extra flavor added.  I've had various quality Aioli sauces.  I haven't loved all of them but most seemed to be fair representations of what they were supposed to be.  Maybe I've just been lucky.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

rullywowr

• Electron Doctor
  • Ben @ www.rullywow.com
    • View Profile
    • Rullywow Industries - PCB's, DIY projects, and more!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 09:08:14 PM »
Reminded me of this clip at about 1:30

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

lars

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 10:31:10 PM »
Reminded me of this clip at about 1:30

LOL! Samuel L's reaction is the epitome of how I feel about mayo. ;D
This is the only good mayonnaise IMHO:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:34:07 PM by lars »
It goes without saying that, "It goes without saying" always precedes the very saying that could have gone without being said.

micromegas

• Electron Doctor
  • Adán, but you can call me Al too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 03:58:27 AM »
What pisses me off is when people refer to mayonnaise as ailoi... It's not garlic aioli you pig it's flavored mayonnaise. Don't pretend it's healthy because it has an Italian sounding name.

Aside from that sriracha is great but really easy to make yourself and adjust the ingredients. I really like sriracha made with green jalapenos and carrots for example.

Chimichurri is also amazing. As is a good mustard sauce. I don't know how many people here have had a chance to try a good mustard style bbq sauce but it's far and away my favorite for pork, rice, French fries, you name it.

Basic diy recipes:

mayonesse: eggs + oil + salt + [lemon or vinegar] you can then add many things: garlic, spices, mustard

ali-oli (spanish name, well, catalan name) or aioli (provençal name): garlic and oil and sometimes herbs like parsley or rosemary

Those are different recipes indeed.

Chimuchurri is awesome. Although it has its origins in South America (Argentina I think) it's a typicall sauce here in the north of Spain. I love the green one :) it is awesome with ribs but also with baked potatos alone.

Btw, where my father comes from, they do something they call "gazpacho blanco" (white gazpacho, doesn't have nothing to do with the typicall spanish gazpacho) with a mayoness that doesn't curdle and bread. I recommend it for all you mayo lovers.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:01:31 AM by micromegas »
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

lincolnic

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 11:03:47 PM »
I'm also gonna jump on the anti-mayonnaise bandwagon. I always thought I was the only one!

raulduke

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
    • SJ Effects
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 03:29:41 AM »
A little bit of mayo on the side never did any harm.

It's standard issue with any chicken based burger IMO.