News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

People with an eye for color - Need help

Started by PhiloB, April 21, 2015, 08:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

First off, I'm partially color blind.  I need feedback on pickguard color.  Just bought a Lake Placid Blue Strat with maple neck like the one pictured used (MIM).  Always wanted one.  I've bought many LPs and related instruments in the search for a humbucker guitar that feels good.  I've sold them all. 
That said, I'm going HH on this strat and will have to buy a new pickguard and possibly new knobs.  I have Gibson 490r/t pickups.  MIM adding chrome or nickel covers because aesthetically the pups are in good to poor shape.
What color pickguard would you go with?  I've had friends mention white perloid, mint and parchment.
What say you Madbeaners?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianS

I think parchment would look good and give it a nice aged look. I myself am not a fan of mint but that's me.  I am sure there are 100's that like the mint look.

selfdestroyer

Anodized gold... I'm a huge fan of the Anodized gold pickguards.

Cody

Matt

Matt

PhiloB

I saw someone post a guitar on here recently that was blue with the gold pickguard. It looked sharp. But not quite my cup of tea.

billstein

First off mint on that blue will definitely NOT work. Parchment is probably the safest choice and would look great. Black MIGHT look good too.

PhiloB

Lol.  I really can't trust my own eye but thought the mint seemed strange.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

midwayfair

Quote from: juansolo on April 21, 2015, 09:43:53 AM
Stick with white.

+1 New. White. Not aged, not parchment, not mint. WHITE. Looks perfect on Lake Placid Blue.

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

pickdropper

Quote from: Matt on April 21, 2015, 09:11:20 AM
White pearloid was my first thought

Same here.  White perloid looks good against solid colors.

Standard white would look good as well. 

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

PhiloB

Hmmm.  I went with white on my '91 Olympic white strat that has yellowed quite a bit and it looks great.  Maybe perloid for a little different look.
Keep the suggestions coming:) this is helpful.

mjcyates

I think I would prefer Parchment. White is nice. Don't think Mint would work.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Haberdasher

white or parchment.  tortoise might look good too if you're into that.
i've never been a fan of pearloid, it always reminds me of the c&w scene haha.
i do like anodized sometimes, but for the most part i tend to like it better on darker colored guitars.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS