News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pulse

Started by monkeyssj1, January 27, 2016, 11:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyssj1

I'm so happy this is finally done. I want to give a quick thanks to everyone that helped me with my LED issue in the tech help forum. Also thank you Stomptown for giving me the LED bypass help. 

This is a Shoot the Moon Tremolo board I've had for a loooooonnnnnng time. This build gave me a good amount of trouble.. and definitely made me realize how lucky I was with some of my more complex builds that I've had no trouble on. Initially because of the backwards LED pads and my inability to trace on a schematic (something that was worked on a little with this build thanks to everyones help on the forum). The other frustration came from getting a little bit of ferric chloride into one of the holes where the screws go so I needed to do some drilling to get the screw to go in and stay. Now it can come out if I apply a little pressure from the bottom of the enclosure.. kinda useless but at least cosmetically serves a purpose.

I went back to etching via high gloss photo paper and it really does make a world of difference compared to using sharpie (even industrial high heat sharpie). For this one I drew the drawing on a piece of paper after tracing an outline of the enclosure and went to staples and scanned it.. (D's are backwards :P oops.) but I'm really happy with the way the etch came out along with the green theme. The D1 LED is wired as the main bypass LED and blinks when engaged.

I love this circuit.. It sounds wonderful and its so versatile. It can get anything from smooth swashes to dirty choppiness even into somewhat ring mod sounds.

selfdestroyer

What a great deep etch. Great job.

Cody

playpunk

That is so cool. I'm gonna have to do the hand drawn thing for something soon.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

matmosphere

That just looks cool as hell. Nice colour choice with the green.

Drew Hallenbeck

Looks pretty awesome!
I need to give etching a try sometime in the near future.
Those boxes always look so freakin cool!
Nice job, and I think the backward D's are great!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Leevibe

Awesome etch, and points for hand drawing!

Matt

I'll just echo the above comments. That looks amazing!  I dig the look of etched pedals.
That's my favorite diy tremolo. They are so freaking versatile.
Matt

Stomptown

That looks killa dude!  I especially like the backwards D's and assumed it was on purpose. Glad you got it all figured out; it really is a great circuit.

monkeyssj1

Thanks for the compliments everyone :). I'm really happy the method worked out.. I've been too lazy to learn how to use a vector graphics program and drawing it on the fly makes way more sense to me. I still can't get enough of playing this pedal. Up next is the fuzz war (raw fuzz).

Jebus

Awesome! Really cool looking etch. :)

matmosphere

The idea of doing those four designs around the knobs turned out great too.

nzCdog

Crazy cool!  Love that etch, and the colour.  Great build man :)

mark123

Ok, that is SWEET!!

Jakes Dad

Nice.

How do you do the transfer for the etch?

Chuck

jimilee

That's  so cool , I gots to learn how to do that!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.