News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cab-Sim/Headphone-Amp/Blender

Started by Marshall Arts, February 05, 2016, 02:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

That looks like is versatile as hell. I love wide range pickups. I have a set of Novak wide range in my jazzmaster. Soundsfantastic, and he's a super nice guy. I'll have to look into the creamery ones, they look very nice, wonder if they have any dealers in the states.

I'm going to build a danelectro soon, and add much as I want to stick with lipstick pickups I might have to put at least one wide range in. They just sounds so damn good.

Marshall Arts

It is, indeed. The pickguard is custom-made. With the 5-way switch, I have widerange HB (1), Split widerange (2), half-out-of-phase (strat-like, 3), Neck/Bridge parallel (4), Neck (5). All I could ask for. I think that the creamery makes custom-orders only, the one I have (obviously) is a humbucker-sized widerange and sounds just lovely.

Here it is in full beauty.

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Matmosphere on February 08, 2016, 01:12:47 PM
That looks like is versatile as hell. I love wide range pickups. I have a set of Novak wide range in my jazzmaster. Soundsfantastic, and he's a super nice guy. I'll have to look into the creamery ones, they look very nice, wonder if they have any dealers in the states.

I'm going to build a danelectro soon, and add much as I want to stick with lipstick pickups I might have to put at least one wide range in. They just sounds so damn good.

BTW: a fantastic article bout widerange pickups: http://offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12610

Marshall Arts

I just updated the documentation in the original post - the offboard wiring was missing!

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21629.msg213755#msg213755

Marshall Arts

Hi,

this thing works perfect, only thing that bugs me is a brief but loud "squealing" sound when switching it on or off - most likely a cap charging/discharging. I dont want to add a relay before the output and I guess there is a standard solution to this issue - any suggestions?