News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

my new fuzz graphic

Started by dwstanford, July 08, 2011, 08:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwstanford

Im thinking about this as a graphic for my Germanium Fuzzrite.  It's my Barry Lyndon theme.

nzCdog

That is pure class. 8)
No idea who Barry is.

cjkbug

It's gonna be difficult to make out the detail when it's down at your feet. I'd simplify it a bit.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's puuurty! I'm gonna make a Germ Fuzzrite also! What tranny's are you using for it?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

dwstanford

I have a few different ones id like to try.  I got some from another forum member that i think will sound good.  They have a great deal of treble.  I also have a few oc75's and a fuzz face us pair from small bear that i want to try.

dwstanford

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on July 09, 2011, 07:57:56 AM
That's puuurty! I'm gonna make a Germ Fuzzrite also! What tranny's are you using for it?

I just tested all my transistors and the 2n404's i got from julien sounded the best.  They have alot of bite.  All the others sounded good, but lacked the top end sizzle that i associate with a fuzzrite.  I have three pairs left.  If youd like to try them, i can send you a pair.  Just pm me.

night-B

Awesome design!
I'm glad you like the trannies, i'm trying different combinations of hfe at the moment to choose my favorite.

Julien

dwstanford

With the 2n404's, i felt like it sounded the best with similar gains on both transistors.  I tried them both in the 100 range and the 140 range and they both sounded great.

Seiche

pure art. don't simplify. the audience is not gonna see it anyway.