News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anybody else in a slump right now?

Started by Leevibe, April 15, 2016, 11:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

I haven't been doing any building for a few weeks now. I'm waiting on some sheet metal fabrication that a friend is doing for me, my bench is a wreck, and I need parts. The main thing, though, has been that I've been doing a ton of work outside! I'm on almost 3 acres, and I can't justify not taking advantage of the good weather we've been having.

My personality is one that has me in either indoor or outdoor mode. I find it really hard to be in both headspaces.

selfdestroyer

Thats me lately also. I had a few fails that threw me way back on build projects and some work projects got out of control... now I am having a hard time getting motivated. Tom Clancy: The Division is not helping either!

Cody

playpunk

Me three. Finally managed to get an enclosure finished for lincolnic but haven't been able to clear coat because it was so flipping cold. One thing after another. I have been thinking about selling all my cramp, but probably won't

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

jimilee

I've been playing guitar more than building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Martan

Sat down to build tonight after wanting to all week and had ordered wrong parts😒

pickdropper

I do building, but it's been a while since I've done something for myself.  It certainly feels like a slump.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lincolnic

Quote from: playpunk on April 16, 2016, 01:26:25 AM
Me three. Finally managed to get an enclosure finished for lincolnic but haven't been able to clear coat because it was so flipping cold. One thing after another. I have been thinking about selling all my cramp, but probably won't

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still excited about that enclosure, though! I haven't built anything in a little while and filling that is going to get me back into the game.

flanagan0718

I've been going through some personal stuff lately plus I was sick las week too. My daughters 2nd bday is next week so I've been a little distracted with that too. Just eh lately

Plus I think some guy on ILOVEFUZZ boned me on a Akai Headrush II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solderfumes

Hey, Daredevil season 2 wasn't just gonna watch itself.

Muadzin

Quote from: jimilee on April 16, 2016, 02:26:27 AM
I've been playing guitar more than building.

That's not a slump, that's a good thing. ;)

Personally I'm in a slump because most of my new builds don't seem to be working right and I just can't arsed to troubleshoot them. I've got a bag full of goodies from Tayda and I haven't even opened it yet.

slacker775

Got my DigDug built up but it's giving me some screwiness.   First it was LED 3 staying on until I started getting smoke.  I replaced that and now it's LED 4 staying on.   Not sure what's up there.

Also built a protaitone Klone the other day but the electro cap markings were a little odd.   I guessed wrong and blew a cap when I sparked it up.  Got them all swapped around and now that one is working fine at least.

Frank_NH

I haven't built much lately even though I have some PCBs and vero projects ready to go.  That's because I've been involved with developing something on...my breadboard!   :)  It's a slow process, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.  I also learned how to use LTSpiece and have started simulating effects circuits as part of the building process.  That's been VERY educational, and I hope to be able to so tube circuits at some point.

John S

Schenkenstein custom effects. Check out the page on Facebook.

daleykd

I've felt this way for about a week.  I have about 17 builds I need to box up, and I hate (repeat HATE) etching and making enclosures (especially if there's offboard wiring involved).  Part of me wonders if it means that I'm so addicted, I'm going through some type of withdrawal of not constantly having things accomplished.

I'm trying to get over the hump by forcing myself to etch.

Sometimes, I have so much I want to do, that it's overwhelming, and I start to shut down.

bcalla

Yup.  Haven't finished a pedal in months.  I have 4 in process.  Two need serious troubleshooting, I think one will work if I ever get it to the finish line.  One I don't think will ever work.

But I keep buying PCBs.    ;D