News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Brütalist (Aeons)

Started by mjg, March 30, 2017, 05:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

This is something I've been mucking around with for months now.  Last year I was working in a town centre that has lots of 'Brutalist' style architecture.  Lots of exposed raw concrete.  It doesn't really float my boat, but one day while sitting eating lunch looking at concrete, I thought "hey wow, that's an idea for a pedal!"

First attempt was a complete failure.  Second attempt has held together. 

The process was painful, slow and frustrating.  I'm sure with better equipment and more experience you could get this looking quite spiffy, but I don't think I'll be giving up on the aluminium enclosures just yet. 

I'm also not sure how durable this finish will be.  I keep finding bits of concrete dust where ever the pedal is used... so it may not last long. 

Effect is the Grind Customs FX 'Aeons'.  It's insane.  Perfect for all the metals.  Hence putting the dots over the 'u' in the pedal name.  Nothing says heavy metal like dots over random vowels.   

Anyway, some pictures... depending on interest I will post more about the process, or you can read it on my blog:
http://graybloomfield.com/guitar/2017/03/31/brutalist/

stringsthings

Giving a new meaning to "rock and roll"!  :)
All You Need Is Love

AntKnee

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

gordo

You, sir, are out of your mind. In a good way of course. That's fantastic. Superb work.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

blearyeyes

If a fight breaks out you have a weapon handy!  I love this pedal. It is so out there that it is most excellent!

LMAO!

Great job!

287m

WHAT  :o  :o  :o
real brutal Sir! awesome

Philthy

Adam_DIY

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Tremster

Quote from: stringsthings on March 30, 2017, 06:12:49 PM
Giving a new meaning to "rock and roll"!  :)

Stoner Rock. Sorry.

Do you take that pedal out to practice and gigs? It's ... heavy.

Boba7

Ahah that's so crazy, I just love it!!

playpunk

"my legend grows" - playpunk

Martan

m-Kresol

very cool idea and nicely executed. imagine carrying a pedalboard made with only concrete pedals  :D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials