Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yorkshire Echo

Started by m-Kresol, April 26, 2017, 11:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: m-Kresol on April 26, 2017, 12:21:39 PM
Quote from: Addy Bart on April 26, 2017, 12:04:57 PM
Looks great! Do you have any links for demos etc? I'm curious as to how it sounds.

Thanks. No I don't have any links or a demo myself. It's a mixture of madbean's deathklaw (zero point dual delay) with GC FX de profundis delay

Yup, it's essentially CJ's De Profundis with the current mirroring from Bean's ZPDD so you don't get any PT2399 noise at all. I'm really rather fond of it.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

selfdestroyer

Really like the artwork and the square LED lens is so cool looking. That etch came out fantastic!

Cody

m-Kresol

Thanks. I appreciate it!

Quote from: Timko on April 26, 2017, 12:42:43 PM
Nice looking etch, and a very good tutorial. 

Perhaps consider adding Muriatic Acid (or a substitute like Acid Magic) as another option for an etching chemical?  However, if you do, you better not leave it in for an hour or you'll probably eat straight through :).

I've never done etching with HCl myself, so I won't cover it in the tutorial. I know it works, but I stick to what I know. Also since HCl gives of corrosive fumes that can hurt you and it can also corrode appliances and tools, I wouldn't use it or recommend it. Muriatic acid is HCl in a more dilute form, but I'd give you the same answer. I've never seen Acid Magic around my parts, so I can't speak on that. I'll add some general comments to it.
Thanks for the feedback.

Quote from: Addy Bart on April 26, 2017, 05:03:20 PM
I like the square bezel a lot. Where did you find those?

I've got them from musikding.de (https://www.musikding.de/Fresnel-Linse-3mm-quadratisch-flach-klar).
It's weird, I was actually going to replace it with a round one, because I think the square ones not working with the artwork too well.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Addy Bart

Quote from: juansolo on April 27, 2017, 05:02:57 AM
Looks great! Do you have any links for demos etc? I'm curious as to how it sounds.

Thanks. No I don't have any links or a demo myself. It's a mixture of madbean's deathklaw (zero point dual delay) with GC FX de profundis delay

Yup, it's essentially CJ's De Profundis with the current mirroring from Bean's ZPDD so you don't get any PT2399 noise at all. I'm really rather fond of it.
Thanks John. I'm quite interested in how you managed to achieve this, so I'll look at those schematics. Cheers.

Edit: the build document for the De Profundis at Grind Customs isn't there, I guess because of the recent changes to Dropbox. Any chance someone has a copy?

I found the schematic elsewhere.  8)

Timko

Quote from: m-Kresol on April 27, 2017, 10:21:36 AM

Quote from: Timko on April 26, 2017, 12:42:43 PM
Nice looking etch, and a very good tutorial. 

Perhaps consider adding Muriatic Acid (or a substitute like Acid Magic) as another option for an etching chemical?  However, if you do, you better not leave it in for an hour or you'll probably eat straight through :).

I've never done etching with HCl myself, so I won't cover it in the tutorial. I know it works, but I stick to what I know. Also since HCl gives of corrosive fumes that can hurt you and it can also corrode appliances and tools, I wouldn't use it or recommend it. Muriatic acid is HCl in a more dilute form, but I'd give you the same answer. I've never seen Acid Magic around my parts, so I can't speak on that. I'll add some general comments to it.
Thanks for the feedback.

You do need to be more careful with it.  It can be hazardous to breathe in (Acid Magic tends to be a little better), so proper ventellation or a respirator is a really good idea.  I have a poorly ventilated basement, so I opt for the respirator. 

oip

looks fantastic! i love the detail of the etch and also the epoxy finish.  never seen the 'raised cuff' kinda tape method for etching before so i might give that a try it seems cleaner than dipping the enclosure itself.

lego4040

printed that tutorial out for sure and give it a real good reading. Excellent job all around and I'm sure it sounds great. I've used the Hydrogen Peroxide and Muriatic acid way and it is stinky ass shit. Its readily available, pretty quick and neutralizes real quick with plain water. you mentioned the stuff thats basically pipe cleaner, Ill check that out

m-Kresol

Quote from: lego4040 on April 27, 2017, 07:40:21 PM
printed that tutorial out for sure and give it a real good reading. Excellent job all around and I'm sure it sounds great. I've used the Hydrogen Peroxide and Muriatic acid way and it is stinky ass shit. Its readily available, pretty quick and neutralizes real quick with plain water. you mentioned the stuff thats basically pipe cleaner, Ill check that out

sodium peroxide (NaOH - caustic soda) is one of the main ingredients in drain pipe cleaner. But it's often a mixture with other stuff so make sure you get the right thing. It's also used as a developer for positive photo resists, which is what I got a few weeks back. it's pretty pure without any other additional chemicals and costs only 8€/kg. Got it at Conrad, a local electronics shop.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

Quote from: Addy Bart on April 27, 2017, 01:13:11 PM
Quote from: juansolo on April 27, 2017, 05:02:57 AM

Thanks John. I'm quite interested in how you managed to achieve this, so I'll look at those schematics. Cheers.

Edit: the build document for the De Profundis at Grind Customs isn't there, I guess because of the recent changes to Dropbox. Any chance someone has a copy?

I found the schematic elsewhere.  8)

Docs for our stuff are here: http://juansolo.co.uk/stompage/JSFX-Docs/

They occasionally get out into the wild hence the repository. Schematic is in there.

I'm impressed it's out there in the wild anywhere else! But hey, once it's on the internet, it's fair game I suppose and it's not like it's something I came up with, I just frigged around with CJ and Brian's work.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Addy Bart

Thanks for the link, John! Much appreciated.