News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 01:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChainsawFuzz

It's hard to answer, because mostly I listen to my giant collection of more-oddball-than-mainstream music on random. Anything from Tembang Sunda to chimurenga to vaporwave to John Philip Sousa to Henry Kaiser to country-goth to Thai experimental music - that sort of thing. Where Harry Partch and Captain Beefheart seem normal.

Have been spending a lot of time with Tash Sultana YouTubes, though. Enough pedals to open a boutique pedal store.

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

A wee bit of nice playing here IMO... Josh Smith has just released a live recording "Live at the Spud" recorded in that place.
Itchin' for live gigs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtFvgKQVcWU
BigNoise Amplification

thesmokingman

that post malone nirvana set ... goldfinger's quarantine videos. getting real 90s up in my house
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

davent

Pulled this from the vinyl vault last night, totally forgotten by me. I'd tape the sales receipt to the inner sleeve when i got home and forget about it. I've owned this one 40 years plus a couple weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6dR--7qfg
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

jimilee

This whole plague has put a damper on all the great summertime live music, totally bummed about it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lars

Pete and Repeat are in a boat. Pete fell out...who's left?
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

davent

matmosphere

This one popped into my head when I got an email explain that I got kicked off a large guitar based forum because they were concerned I would upset the White Supremacist members on there. No joke

Was a place I enjoyed, now I feel dirty for ever being there.

it's a silly song, but it seemed to fit the situation unfortunately

harryklippton

Quote from: Matmosphere on June 04, 2020, 03:00:16 AM
This one popped into my head when I got an email explain that I got kicked off a large guitar based forum because they were concerned I would upset the White Supremacist members on there. No joke

Holy crap! Sounds like you're better off not being on that forum?

I took my wife to see the flood 30th anniversary tour earlier this year. I'm not a fan but it was pretty fun and I really enjoyed the show.

matmosphere

Quote from: harryklippton on June 04, 2020, 03:07:27 AM
Quote from: Matmosphere on June 04, 2020, 03:00:16 AM

Holy crap! Sounds like you're better off not being on that forum?

I took my wife to see the flood 30th anniversary tour earlier this year. I'm not a fan but it was pretty fun and I really enjoyed the show.

Yeah, I think everyone would be better off not being on that particular forum.

I have never been a huge TMBG fan, but Flood is a masterpiece in my opinion. Really fun from front to back, and there is a lot of interesting stuff going on there. Never cared for their other records as much though other than the live record from a while back, Severe Tire Damage.

I bet the show was great, that's one I would've loved to see.